Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Post nasal drip

I have been coughing nonstop today. You know that tickle caused by post nasal drip? Yeah, well I have it and it won't quit. I keep trying to cough out the drip so I won't swallow it but I can't do it constantly. So now my stomach is gurgling and feeling really weird. I had a salad and some soup for lunch so there will be something besides mucus in my stomach. I was coughing so hard a little while ago that I almost gagged so I am totally freaking out now. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. You don't have anything to worry about. Sometimes, if you cough really really hard, sometimes the body's reflex is to 'help' you get whatever is 'stuck' out, and you might get close to gagging. It's either that or you were just coughing too hard, I guess. . . You're stomach is most likely gurgling from swallowing eventhe small amounts of mucous. It's good that you're putting something else in there with it. Try not to worry about it! I'm almost 100% you are perfectly fine! Edited by: carlita1652

Thank you! I was thinking about taking some cough meds but I hate the taste and they always make my stomach feel awful.

I know how you feel!! But not eating only makes it worse. I have been eating alot of crackers and breads. And if you dont like the taste of cough medicine, then buy the pill form, it works good too.

I didn't really eat at all yesterday but I ate today,so I've had lots of gurgling in my stomach and intestines. Anyone else get that way?

Hey Marie!
    Oh yes I get that when I haven't eaten much for a day or longer (its been like that all week) and then try to eat again. Ugh my stomach cramps up and intestines too, and get all gurgly and stuff. I think its just it has to get used to food again or something. It just sucks because for us we always think "oh no what if I'm getting sick" or something. Try eating more bread like things to absorb some of the gunk.