Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey all,

I dont know how to tell if theres like something wrong with me, or if its just anxiety/stress/emet. I tend to get sick feeling at night, usually I am fine during the day, but like I would be up feeling ill at night, but I would always be able to fall asleep eventually and wake up fine the next morning. I just got back from this trip to South Carolina, and the first day, the morning that we left I got some runs and ended up feeling real nauseas wiht like heartburny tight feeling in my chest most of the morning, and course I hardly ate all day, and just about every day on the trip I would get stomach cramps and just feel like my esophagus was tight, and it was always worse at night I think. Now I dont know if this is mental or if there is really something wrong?? I mean I just want to be able to determine.

I always feel much worse at night, especially after dinner. I don't know what it is to be honest. I know how you feel though. During the day, I'm usually fine, but there's just something about the night. It's probably a combination of your body getting tired because it's late, and anxiety because we know that most people get sick at night, rather than during the day. Who knows? It sucks though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

its hard. but its smthing thats unique. you need to analyse how ur stomach is feeliong, and if it reminds you of how ur stomach was feeling when u were last anxious then its just anxiety.

do u remember having proper anxiety ones? i dont... but i konw wot anxiety ones are like.

im sorry, im no use, d/w ill go soon.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I get exactly the same thing, every night without fail i feel sick and my stomachs all gurgly and yuk. I always think if i go to sleep, i will wake up in the night and be sick. Then i finally go to sleep and wake up in the morning absolutely fine!

Its really horrible though, i just wish i could feel ok and get a good nights sleep for a change!!!

Sarah xxx
    I couldn\'t tell you why she felt that way... she felt it everyday and i couldn\'t help her... i just watched her make the same mistakes again...

Hiya,

Sorry to hear that u havent been feeling too great lately. Things will get better though.

The tightness feeling in ur throat and chest is anxiety caused, im almost certain of it. Real nausea is unmistakable, wen 'it' is going to happen then u'll know!

My theory is that emets feel sick at night becuz they associate night time with v*ing. U expect to feel sick, which brings on the feelings, which makes u panic etc etc. Vicious circle.

I know its weird but if u talk to urself then it does help. Try something like, "these feelings are in my head, its not real", or "I know im not really ill so stop making me feel this way!"

If u do feel anxious then read, read, read! Reading distracts the mind like nothing else - get a fantastic book and read until u can barely keep ur eyes open. If u dont like reading then relaxtion methods such as yoga or pilates are amazing. I know it sounds cliche to recommend them but u never know wat will help u until u try!

Good luck!

Rachel xxx
    <center><font size=\"2\"><font color=BLACK> If you\'re going through hell... keep on going... </font></font></center>

Hey there!

Its nice to know Im not alone! The funy thing is, my stomach seemed to "switch" on me, like during this vacation I had stomach cramps a lot, like my stomach felt like in knots, and I did not have that feeling prior to the trip. Sometimes its hard for me to tell what is real and what is not! Ugh! Well, real my mind usually just knows it. For some reason when its REAL nausea then its like I just know it is. Man why do these things have to be so complex?? On those nights, something that HAS helped was coming down here and looking at the boards and typing responses. Its funny cause some nites I come down here feel better, then go back upstairs and my stomach starts hurting worse again. Its really odd. RRRRRrr! Hmm....stupid stomachs!

I always feel sick at night because whenever I've been sick it's been at night. Hey, where were you in SC? We just got back from a trip to Hilton Head Island. It was a pretty good trip, though. Just me, my hubby, and my son stayed in a friends vacation house. Just spend a lot of time not doing much, which I like. Plus, it's only a 5 hour car trip from where we live and we drive at night when my son an I sleep. Sorry your vacation wasn't so good . I always hated "family" vacations, but now that in charge it's not so bad .
    ***Jackie***

its all in yourhead

Hey there,

We were in Myrtle Beach, Im not sure how far that is from where you were. It took us about 14 hours to get down there (with traffic) and about 12 hours coming home, so yeah it was quite a haul, 3 of us being crammed in the back seat [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img].