Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Taste Aversion

I was wondering if this has happened to any of you , im sure it has. I hate eating things that i have either been sick with or had felt really sick after eating them.

ie. when i waslittle i had the tummy flu i guess and my mom made me eat chicken noodle soup and kiwi and i got sick now i hate kiwi but i still eat the soup.

Hi there!!

In a Psych class I took years ago my professor said that many of the foods we hate today (and don't know why) is because we may have v*ed from it when we were little. I really cannot remember the last time I v*ed but I know some foods I've felt really n* after eating I cannot bear to eat again. The time I caught my son's tummy bug I had just eaten a piece of fudge. A few hours later I started feeling like death while my son was v*ing all over the place. I didn't end up v*ing (but god, I was CLOSE!!) but to this day I cannot bring my self to eat fudge even though I absolutely loved it before. Ugh....even thinking about it makes my stomach turn!!!Edited by: christianne

hmm. that would explain my extreme hatred of olives...when i was about 2 years old i guess i stuffed my face with black olives at a christmas party...that night (may be graphic) i v* all over my bedroom wall while i was trying to go to sleep. since that day i haven't eaten a single olive. the taste makes me n*....ickk...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The last thing I ate before I was v*ing all night with gastric flu was a mushroom omlette and for years and years afterwards I couldn't face any omlette. I'm still not all that keen on them now 16 years later! I do love mushrooms though! The other thing I can't stand because of sickness memories flooding back is Lucozade. When I was little and v*ed my mum would give me that to drink the next day and I still can't drink it now as an adult![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

i know exxactly how you feel. whenever i eat anything that i got sick
    with i get freaked out and don't wanna eat it. i can't even wear what i
    was wearing when i got sick the last time

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, one time I got sick after eating pizza (stomach virus, not fp--felt sick before I ate it). I still eat pizza and enjoy it very much to this day.

I am slightly leery of 7Up, because I got sick after drinking that. Sprite, Sierra Mist or other clear sodas are fine. I just don't care for 7Up.

I have a taste aversion to peanut butter. To my knowledge, I didn't get sick after eating peanut butter. But I gag just thinking about it. I know, I'ma freak of nature. My dh eats pb sandwiches all the time and I can't watch him eat it. Yuck!

It took me a looong time to even think about eating some of those foods. Some I will eat and others I still won't eat. Isn't that funny, how some foods really turn you off and others don't?</font>

Oh I HATE Lucozde, I know it's good for energy etc but it tastes like crap The one thing I won't eat after a V* episode is onion rings. They didn't cause the V* and I won't go into details, but they're not nice Even the smell of them makes me feel ill. But I do love onion.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I used to have an aversion to chocolate, for years I wouldn't touch becausethe stuff, because I once ate too much and threw it up,and even now although I enjoy it I only eat it in severe moderation. I'll eat spaghetti but I hate the smell of it cause the last time I had an sv my mom made it and you could smell it through the whole house and it evokes that sickness memory for me.

The one thing I will absolutely NOT eat is Matzah cause the last time I got sick, that's what I threw up. I also won't drink any clear soda EXCEPT Sierra Mist. I won't eat some things but that's cause I'm scared of FP not cause they disgust me.

~MonicaEdited by: samara's on tv
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I wont eat chilli because when I was like 12 my cousin( a very bad child) mixed some "drinks" up for me to taste and I drank the whole cup. Later on I found out it was vodka a kool aid. right after that I went home and ate a big bowl of chilli. I was so sick that night. I hate chilli now!

Oh also I remember one time my friend and I bought a load of white chocolate. Like bars of it and bags of chocolate buttons. I've never felt SO sick haha that'll teach me. Now I moderate my chocolate
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

To this day I will NOT eat hot pockets and the smell of them makes me want to v*! YUCK!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I haven't had salsa since I was 9. Shame, it smells soooo good. I had left it in my room for a few days then ate it. Bad idea.

The last time I had a sv*, I drank a coke...let's just say hot brown foam is nasty. I occasionally drink them now, but if I feelthe slightestbit off I have to stick to sprite.
    Be Here Now

I do remember once I ate pizza/salad at school for lunch, then I came home and ate two ham and cheese hot pockets. I v* violently that night and it took me 2 years before I could eat pizza or hot pockets again...not so much the salad though, probably because (might be graphic) it was the only thing I couldn't actually see in the v*. Ughhhh that night is still so vivid in my mind...yucko. My poor mom, having to clean out that sink...ugh :-(

Quote Originally Posted by nicki77

I haven't had salsa since I was 9. Shame, it smells soooo good. I had left it in my room for a few days then ate it. Bad idea.

The last time I had a sv*, I drank a coke...let's just say hot brown foam is nasty. I occasionally drink them now, but if I feelthe slightestbit off I have to stick to sprite.

Maybe I need to v* Coke so I can stop drinking it, I'm a Cokeaholic!

i didn't eat chinese food for 7 years because i got food poisoning from it when i was in the 2nd grade...what made it extra horrible was that it was right before my first trip to disney world! (i ended up being okay for the trip though). and finally i was able to start eating chinese again (but only from restaurants that i trust!)

Yes! I can remember all the foods I've consumed and got sick from, and now avoid like the plague.

Lets see, I don't eat pork rib, Pepsi, hot cheetos (WORST THING to EVER get sick on), onion dip, and coleslaw.

However, there have been foods I've gotten sick on as well that I still eat to this day and enjoy very much, such as spaghetti, chicken, scalloped potatoes, tortilla chips, etc. I wonder why that is. o.O I can't decide whether because I associatecertain foods as the culprit for getting sick,or because it simply tasted horrid and completely damaged my previous liking for it. Who knows.

<center>
    </center>