Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did You Go Holiday Shopping Nov. 24?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do it every year and enjoy it

0 0%
  • Yes, but I didn’t particularly like it

2 11.11%
  • Yes, but only because someone made me go

3 16.67%
  • No, but I wanted to

0 0%
  • No, to scared to

0 0%
  • HELL NO!

13 72.22%

Just wondering... since it could be a nightmare day for us emets. I went, I usually don't go. I only went to Target though. And man was it PACKED. I hated it. I felt so closed in. I wasn't particularly worried about ne1 v*, it was just a creepy environment. I don't like being so close to other ppl. I don't fear other people, I don't mind being crowded if I'm at like, a rock concert or something. But this was weird. And I was so scaredI was gonna hit someone with my shopping cart.

To top thingsoff, my mom decided she just had to use the restroom. So germy...eww. I mean, i didn't go, of course not, but still.Thats gross!AND she felt n* for most of the day.She's better now but ya... Weird day though. So far I'm coping well, not too much anxiety. I think the thing that scared me most was thefact that I wasso packed in, and I really hate stinky ppl or ne1 who doesn't look well-groomed (i.e, someone who looks like they haven't bathed in a week!). I thinkwhat really helpedcalm me down this year was knowing that sv* isn'ttransmitted through the air. And ... I'm fine. *knocks wood* I hope to stay this way.

I said HELL NO!!!!

Mine was 99% done on Tues. I HATE to shop!!!

My husband likes me for that
    This is Katsamsmom....and i am no longer able to access that account
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email me

lol cool I love shopping, I just don't like doing it on the super-crowded days. I didn't go to the mall or anything yesterday, but I went to Target. I actually think it would've been better at the mall because 1. no shopping carts to bump into, and 2. it's a better atmosphere.

I voted "HELL NO!!!" but I had to work that day IN THE MALL. So, really, I was there, in the midst of all that hell.

Was it fun? No. Do I wish I could do it again? NO. Will I ever? Probably. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

aww what hours did you work? And what store do you work at? did you have any bad experiences?

I too had to work, but I did the afternoon/evening (2-10) shift and it really wasn't bad at all, I think its cause all the loony people were there at like 6am lol.

yup. it's so stupid, I don't see why you'd wanna wake up so early in the morning just for cheep prices. So stupid. ppl are so rude too.