Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: IT happened

For the first time in 13 years i was sick on Tuesday. I felt sick on Monday and no better on Tuesday. I couldn't face breakfast and had just brushed my teeth when I started to heave. I thought it would be like the other 4 times and i would jjust heave but I was actually sick. My dad who hates it was with me and helped keep me calm but it was horrible and now I am petrified it will happen again. I really hope I never get pregnant again because this has been hell.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Oh Hale! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You should be proud that you dealt with it. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]I hope you're feeling better soon.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

thank you. the next 5 weeks can't go quick enough.I can't wait to have my body back.

Aww, I'm sorry. You seem to have handled it OK tho. Glad your dad could be w/ you. 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks you can get thru it and the outcome will be worth all of it!

Anyone highly suggestable don't read past this point****************

My Mom said when she was pregnant w/ my brother she got sick every time she brushed her teeth bleck! So I think that happens to some people

OK SAFE TO READ Anyhow, i hope you feel better soon!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

When I was pregnant this last time I used to gag and heave when I brushed my teeth too.

Hang in there!

Aww Hale I'm sorry you had to go through that. Was it pregnancy related or sv related? You are almost there tho, just another month and you'll have your baby.

Hale, I'm so sorry this happend. You got throught it though!! You should feel proud. I'm sorry your not enjoying your pregnancy either. I'm doing alright, but it's not the best thing in the world. I'm not sure if I'll ever do it again.

Hang in there, it's almost done.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hang in there Hale, you're almost there! I'm sorry your pregnancy hasnt been going well for you. But at least you weren't s* like, every morning.

It's funny that you mention you were brushing your teeth when it happened. When one of my friends was preganant, she couldn't brush her teeth. I know it's gross, but all she tolerate was rinsing her mouth with really weak mouth wash. If she even put the toothbrush in her mouth, she'd v*.

Have you had any morning sickness up until this point? Is it normal to feel sort of bad for a couple of days like that out of the blue?

It will be over soon & I'm sorry you got s*.

marieb73 she couldn't brush her teeth?! wow, she must've had really bad n* ... didn't her teeth get all rotten though?

Aww, Hale! I'm sorry you are having a rough time! Hang in there hon! You're almost there, and then you will be able to hold your precious baby in your arms!

I've actually heard the toothbrush thing from a lot of pregnant women. One guy I work with said the only way his wife knew she was pregnant with their second child was that she started getting sickwhen shebrushed her teeth in the morning (until her morning sickness passed).

From now on, if you are already nauseous, don't do the brushing. Wait until the feeling passes (you may try sucking on a lemon drop or mint... straight ginger is supposed to help really well too) and then, once the nausea passes try brushing your front teeth quickly with just a little toothpaste. If you tolerate that then you can try the back teeth. Really though, havinga bit of bad breath for a day won't hurt and besides if it makes you sick then what's the point?

But ya know, you are SOOOO almost there!!! You can do this :O)
    And you lived through it all for that little bambino (bambina?) inside of you just like your dad did for you today!
    My journal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    wink

Giving up doesn\'t always mean that we are weak. Sometimes it just means that we are strong enough to let go.
    Unknown

I'm SO sorry to hear that! I hope you feel better! =]

Wow! I'm sorry that happened to you, sweetheart. I have also heard of the gagging-while-brushing-your-teeth-thing while pregnant. I know that every so often I even gag, and I'm not pregnant. It's only happened since I've been on the pill. And now that I"m off, I still gag. Maybe it's just a "woman thing." It still sucks, though. I can't explain it,but it's only in the morning after breakfast and coffee that I feel that way. The rest of the day/evening, I'm fine.

I never, ever gag with mouthwash though. Like kentuckygal said, bad breath for a few months is worth it, if you feel better, right? Maybe a dentist won't agree, but seriously, you can do just mouthwash for awhile and be okay!

I hope you feel much, much better until you deliver. Hang in there, hon! Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl? Do you have a name picked out yet? [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

thanks everyone. it wasdefinately pregnanyc related as I have hardly left the house for fear of IT happnening for the last 6 weeks. We don't have a name but I had to have a scan 2 weeks ago as the baby was measuring small and we found out it is a girl.

yay its a girl!! Im sorry it happened, but im glad your okay now...but
    this helps the rest of the emets to stay away from teeth burshing when
    your pregnant!
    I love Sam

Congrats on your baby girl!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Once you have your gorgeous lttle girlin your arms it will all have been worth it!!

Im not pregnant but just lately keep gagging when I brush my teeth, its horrible.

Laney xx

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx
    marieb73 she couldn't brush her teeth?! wow, she must've had really bad n* ... didn't her teeth get all rotten though?

She would be fine until she stuck that toothbrush in her mouth and then bam! The heaves would begin.

The mouthwash she used took care of germs so her teeth weren't bad off. Better than v* though.

well I'm never gonna become pregnant anyway soo... I know, never say never... but it's not only for emet-related reasons, I have wayyy too many reasons.

My mom still gags every morning when she brushes her teeth. She always has, ever since she was a child, it's weird. I'd die if that happened to me. Since I associate gagging w/ v*. I can seriously stick the toothbrush like, wayyy in the back of my mouth and nothing will happen.

I hope you feel better soon , just think of your preciuos baby its soo worth it [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I avoid brusihing my teeth until I don't feel like I will gag when I do it. I know it's gross, but some days I don't brush at all. After the baby comes then I brush multiple times a day to make up for it. My teeth are sufferig at the moment. I know how you feel!!! Believe me, this is my 4th time going through this!!!