Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Vitamins n*

Ugh. I took a multi-vitamin an hour ago, and now I feel so sick to my stomach. I used to take these women's vitamins and was fine. But I ran out, so I took these GNC Multi-vitamins my husband had (not a men's formula--just a regular one). They must be really strong, because I feel soooo queasy. I have to leave for work in 5 minutes and I am having a panic attack big time!

Anybody else ever get queasy from vitamins? I need to switch back to my old one ASAP, and I'm not taking any more of these nasty things. Oh God, please don't let me be sick!!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you not take it with food. I have to take mine with food or I will
    feel n* and I sometimes feel n* when taking them because they taste
    icky. You wont v* but you should eat something to "soak up" the
    vitamins with
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have had trouble on and off with nausea from vitamins. I recently started taking them again and had to stop due to too much stomach acid.

I have the same problem with vitamins, so i always split the pill to 3 parts and take a part with a meal instead of taking all the pill at once.

you should eat something with it, because a multi-vitamin pill on an emptystomach makes it generate more acid. try having some milk or bread.

I always eat w/ mine and never had a problem. I take Walgreen's brand and its very gentle I guess. I think you'll be fine, maybe if you feel up to it snack on something and drink some water to help it get a move on.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Yeah one time I took vitamin C and IB profin on practically an empty stomach, and its a wonder I didn't get sick (tho I sure felt like I could). I think especially if you haven't eaten vitamins can make you feel pretty awful sometimes. It will pass tho, you may need to go br a couple times, but it will pass.

If I do not eat with mine I feel very n*!!!

Everyone in my family (including me) takes GNC vitamins. They just need to be taken with food. Try to eat some toast or a banana or something. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

But the thing is, I DID eat breakfast. I ate a decent amount, too. And I still felt crappy. They must be really, really strong vitamins or something!

Anyway, I guess I'm okay now. Haven't had much of an appetite today, though, which is weird, b/c I usually eat like a horse. <shrug>