Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My mom just called me and informed me that <st1lace w:st="&#111;n">my grandma </st1lace>was sick 2 weeks ago with v* and d*… And she’s lost 12 lbs since then. My mom took her to the doctor the next dayand they told her that she needs to avoid fats. So then she got sick again on Thanksgiving night when she went home. She felt fine atmy ucles on Sundayand ate, but when she got home that night, she woke up in the middle of the night and felt yucky but didn’t get sick. So she’s eating soup everyday. She’s afraid of getting sick. if she eats anything else.She thinks that there is something else wrong with her…bottom line is that she’s coming to my mom’s tonight for dinner where i'm going as well, and my mom wanted to tell me before I came over. I’m freaking out and I know I shouldn’t be, but I AM. I don’t want to go. I will just WORRY for the next 2 days. If I know that I can AVOID it, I will, but I really don’t feel like going now. Anycomments, please....

Sounds like she has something other than sv*. Sounds more like a galbladder issue. Sounds like, even though she has v* and d* that it is a non-contagious issue. i hope she feels better soon. I think you have nothing to worry about.

I jsut get myself all worked up. She just v* one time last thursday and that was it. She said it was becuase she ate gravy with fat in it. I hate myself for this. It's so annoying....

Yeah I agree sounds like her gallbladder or something. Not like anything contagious tho. Don't hate yourself for this, its all part of the fear. Just don't let it win and enjoy your grandma!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

yeah, i hear what you are saying. It's nice to knowthat my mom is with me on this topic by not telling me when it happened or i would have been freaking out long before this. It just sucks....As my husband would say "Worry about something important." Easier said then done.

Thanks for the responses...

don't worry sounds like your in the clear, plus you have to remember in order to get an SV you either have to have contact with there V* or D*, i could see if you were with her when she was V Or D but you weren't, and it's been days now since she last vomited or anything So i'm sure the bug is out of her system even if it was a bug, as people get older in age it could be anything there bodys have a hard time functioning things don't work as good so it could be anything! Don't worry and calm down your fine you have my word on that!

Thanks for that. My mom just called me and said "I BETTER COME" then my Grandma just called and said she's fine, i shouldn't worry. So we'll see but i really appreciate this website because this is my savior.....thanks again.

it's not sv* it's just that her body isn't able to digest fats. Many people have that. Also, the doctor diagnosed her, so you shouldn't be worried.

it definitely sounds like a gallbladder problem. if she is very sick to the point that she can't tolerate fat, why hasn't her doctor suggest removing her gallbladder ? most people with gallbladder problems or gallstones get better after removing it.

but don't worry, as long as she doesn't eat fat she should be fine.