Hi all, this is my first post in this forum and i need help from other emets who had atonsillectomy.

I have recurrent tonsillitis, and now it has gotten worse. i've been taking antibiotics longer than what my dr prescribedto avoid a tonsillectomy because he told me if the antibiotics don't help then the best treatment is to have my tonsils taken out. unfortunately,my chronic tonsillitis has become so severeto the point that when i stop the antibioticthe infection/sore throat/swollen glands immediately come back, accompanied with a choking sensation in my throat that freaks me out.

now i'm faced with the fact that i have to have a tonsillectomy, and i'm scared to DEATH of having the surgery.

I have severe emetophobia, so severe that it has become an obsession. and any feeling or sensation in my throat freaks me out, so my phobia is not just fear of v* but any feeling in my throat or slight sensation that might lead to it.

I'm now on daily antibioticshots because the pills bother my stomach (yes, my phobia is that bad!) i have been taking the shots just to avoid that sensation in my throat. nobody knows about my phobia, because it's usually masked by my OCD (which is caused by my phobia) i tried telling my family but they didn't understand my fear.

I'm scared to death and i haven't been able to sleep much, i need help from emets who had a tonsillectomy. How did your throat feel? did u have a strong choking sensation ? how long did it last ? how was it compared to tonsillitis or strep throat ? sorry for the long post..but i'm very scared[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].