Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Dodgy sausages

I've just had a mixed grill for dinner and I ate half of my two sausages as basically it tasted a bit wrong, not quite right, almost a bit cheesy. I normally like sausages and eat them so thought the brand might have been different as my parents ate theirs.

However they decided to eat my leftover sausages and agreed that they DID taste funny, so I was right in leaving it. But now I'm worried that it will make me ill/sick etc. I'm necking down the Diet Coke now to make my stomach extra acidic. I didn't eat much of it though and am fairly strong stomached so I don't want to be too negative.

Does anyone know how likely it is I'd be ill? They were in date and only bought either today or yesterday, wrapped and kept in the fridge, and seemingly cooked through. So I don't get it. Only time will tell but how long?

My emet isn't that bad but I hate the thought of having eaten something dodgy and I'm still terrified of my being sick, and I've only just recovered from flu so my immune system probably isn't tip-top. Any advice would be great! Thanks

It could have just been seasoned differently or something. I've eaten chicken and stuff before that tasted weird to me but was fine. If you didn't eat much of it then it should be fine. Was your parents sausage fromt he same package? It is possible it was seasoned differently or even when you cooked it it could have gotten more of the seasoning or veggies or soemthing in it.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hi SimplyMe,

Yep they were all from the same packet...so I don't understand why my parents didn't find that theirs tasted bad. Maybe it was just mine! For the moment I'm just trying to take my mind off it and telling myself not to be so silly, especially considering I probably eat more dodgy takeaways in a year than sausages lol.

I'm always believing meat tastes "strange," but my husband never notices it, and neither of us ever get sick. I'm sure you'll be OK.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Well 20 hours later and I'm right as rain, which is good. Goes to show my stomach is made of strong stuff! Thankfully I didn't work myself up into a sweat thinking about it, and ironically I've had quite an appetite since [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Gald to hear your OK. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]