Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi, guys,

I don't usually do this, but I am kinda freaking out. My fiance made me breakfast this morning: a fried egg sandwich (he even made the egg heart shaped, he's so sweet!). Later in the shower, I started feeling a little nauseous, and I asked him if the eggs were okay. He admitted that he hadn't checked, but he was sure they were. I looked and the date said NOV 17!!! Arrggghh!! Yes, that was "sell by", but it is the 25th now! Of course, I freaked! He had two eggs and feels fine, but of course, now my stomach is rumbly and weird and I am freaked out. Does anyone have any insight? When can I relax, if ever?

Thanks so much!

MaryEdited by: harmonygirl72
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Don't worry! You will be fine. We have used eggs that were more than 2 weeks old. My dad always says they are good for a month after the sell by date. If they don't smell bad then they are fine. Nobody in my family has ever been sick from them. I totally understand how you feel. I always call my dad to make sure things are okay and I am 32. My family totally makes fun of me!!!!

Thank you so much!I am 33 and I need reassurance, too! Maybe I should call my dad! Haha!

Thanks so much for your quick reply!

Mary

I think if they tasted fine, they are alright. Hope you are okay.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thanks. I am okay. :-)

I hope your okay. My bf's dad had chickens and would keeps eggs on the
    counter and eat them every day..but even if they were months old
    too..so dont worry you will be fine!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks! I am fine. It's been 24 hours. :-)

He would have known when he broke the shells if they were off as they would have smelled baaaaaaddddd!!!

I always use a little test that I learned from cookery clas at school..........

half fill a bowl with water, put the egg in there, if it lays on the bottom its fresh, ifit stands on its end its ok to use, if it floatsget rid of it........

Hope this helps.

Laney xx

Thanks, Laney! I will use that next time! He was actually sweet and looking up ways to check in cookbooks and I guess he read that same method! Thanks so much!!

Mary