Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just had like 4 "vurps" in the last 10 minutes!! My tummy doesn't hurt but I don't feel the best! ARGH! I am at work and afraidI will be sick now!!! I have ate some pretzels and water and that's it!!! EEK!! I hope I don't v*!!! I am at work for another 3 hours and 20 minutes!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Aw, I'm sure you'll be fine. Tummies get upset all of the time. Pretzels should help as they are very bland. You could try doing some deep breathing to relax yourself and your tummy? Hang in there, it will be fine.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

it's OK, you'll be fine. Just keep drinking water in small frequent sips.

You'll be fine. One day I was STARVING and while waiting for food I had the worst vurp EVER like omg gross. I still ate though and I was fine.
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

I know this likely doesn't help the issue at hand here, but I am
    endlessly amused by the phrase vurp and I'm not even sure I know what
    it means. Is it a burp without a sound? I must know!!

vurps don't always mean you will be sick, they suck but it just means gas or indigestion and it will go away if you wait. also fresh ginger helps.

tom clam, i think "vurp" means v* burp.

Vurps are the "juicy" burps where something a little nasty comes up. Ewwww. Vurps are indeed short for v* burps. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Sometimes if I get the vurps, I take some Rolaids. Stomach acid usually causes the vurps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ugh I had the WORST vurp last night! It was like, a whole mouthfull! I could taste it! And I swallowed it back down, too[img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

However I wasn't sick, just shaken up. Its just stomach acid. Stay sitting straight, and fill your tummy with bases (water and stuff like break to soak up the acid).

Oh! I can honestly say I've never had a vurp but it sounds really unpleasant.