Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm getting my flu injection next month and I was wondering if anyone else already had theirs and if it made them feel n*? Because if it's really bad I can just skip the injection.

I have it every year, and had the latest about a month ago. I had a sore arm but absolutely no n* or v*, in fact, no ill-feeling whatsoever. My 10 year old had it at the same time as me and he too was absolutely fine. It's not a live vaccine so you're unlikely to experience any nasty side-effects - unlike if you got the flu - you would feel pretty rough then!

Phew, that makes me feel better. Thanks Suze! It's up to me whether or not to get the jab but since I had the flu once and don't want it again I thought I would go for it.

I've never had it but my Mom is a nurse and HAS to get it every year, she's never even felt sick. The first few years she got it she felt a little achy and feverish but never any tummy issues and ever since she never even had that. Her arm hurts a bit like suze said but that's a WHOLE LOT BETTER than getting the flu.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I've gotten flu shots for the past couple years including this year. Never felt sick at all.

next month? that's kinda late. you might as well not get it then. it's recomended you get it either at the end of October or November. maybe beginning of December.

anyway, you'll be fine, there are absolutely NO v* side effects. I still worry about it every time even though it's never happened and I always ask the nurses for reassurance, and they always tell me that the only side effects are sore arm

I got it in '99 and did feel very very n* and had a fever that night. I was scared to get it ever since that for that reason. A coworker had the same problem but convinced me that she hasn't had those side effects in years. She said the technology has changed. She had stopped getting the flu shot from the n* and ended up getting a really bad flu one year. She decided not to stop getting it since she was so sick with that flu that year.. She convinced me to get it and told me that no problems would happen. I got it about a month ago and honestly, i didn't feel n*. I just had a sore arm,was tired and had a bit of aheadache for the night and that was it. I was so relieved I didn't have the horrible reaction like I did years ago. I guess things have changed, thank god.go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx

next month? that's kinda late. you might as well not get it then. it's recomended you get it either at the end of October or November. maybe beginning of December.
    I don't agree here...the main flu period is November to April but flu can strike at any time of the year, so it's worth getting the jab. It went round my kids' school last February and many were off for a week at least. Have the vaccine - it's well worth it.

I had it once and it happened to be the year I had the most difficult
    form of flu ever. So I don't believe that these shots are helpful
    anymore. But no, I did not feel n* at all.
    You only live once

I have mine every year as i am asthmatic and i have never had a problem with it making me feel nauseas, have had a sore arm afterward and last year i had a mild flu like reaction for a couple of days afterwards. I thinkit's better to have it and be covered as proper flu can be so nasty even if you are healthy, if you areon the 'at risk' list it can be a killer.

Trinity

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I had mine 2 weeks ago and never suffered from n*. I always get flu like symptoms from it though i.e. sore throat, blocked nose, achey limbs etc etc and struggle to sleep because my arm hurts like crazy but i can hack that! You'll be fine, it is very quick

Will this last forever????