Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I was wondering, if you are/were on pills have you ever had n* or v*
    caused by them? If yes, how bad it was and how did you know it was
    because of them? Tell me which pills that were.

I'd been on Jeanine for a really long time and now on Diane35 but I
    want to change them (too much of headache). I am scared that I might
    feel n* with any others. So I wonder if that's common or not.

Thanks

You only live once

I use the patch and all I had from it was sever hunger and an endless
    amount of it. Me and my friend went on it at the same time and we just
    ate all the time. It was weird. And some mood swings, but that
    all evened out in about a month. Andi t works great and I love not
    swallowing pills!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've been using Levora (a generic pill) for almost 13 years. It's
    hard to tell whether the off and on again n* is due to the pill, but it
    hasn't been debilitating. I've never had v*ing from the pill at
    all. I usually take it at night, right before I get sleepy and go
    to bed. I also don't eat a large supper, so that also prevents
    problems, since I tend to get my fears more at night related to the
    emetophobia.

The way I see it, the pill prevents pregnancy, a major source of v*,
    which is a huge plus in my book for using birth control! Plus,
    the periods are short and awesome, cramp-free! Can't beat
    that!

I get n* with mine, but I take them at night, so I sleep through it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by zane2673

I get n* with mine, but I take them at night, so I sleep through it most of the time.

Why don't you change them to others then?

You only live once

I'm on microgynon 30 and haven't felt n* at all... 1st couple of periods were really heavy and nasty but that was about it.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    target=\"_blank\">

</a>

I was on Ortho tri cyclin and the doctor told me that if I took it with food, I would be fine. Well, I never even took it with food ever and it never once made me n* or v*! It was a wonderful pill...I gained a good 30 lbs though being on it because it increases your appetite because basically the pill tricks your body into thinking it's pregnant. So your appetite increases ALOT!

well I just recently switched from ovcon 35 to ortho-tri-cyclen lo and I was very N* the first night but after that I was fine and i have been on it for about 2 weeks now. I think my n* was because the new pill has a higher dose of hormones

-not trying to scare those of you who are using this but just something you should be aware of...I used the patch but will no longer because of this and what I have heard on T.V. about it..

Warning issued for Ortho Evra birth control patch
    What happened: On Nov. 11, 2005, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a revision to the label for Ortho Evra, the key ingredient in the birth control patch, warning women that they were being exposed to a higher level of estrogen than previously thought. The FDA cautions that exposure to higher levels of estrogen may put Ortho Evra users at increased risk of blood clots and other serious side effects.

The new warning states that women using this patch are exposed to 60 percent more estrogen than are women who use a typical 35-microgram birth control pill. Adverse effects of estrogen use — in either pill or patch form — include blood clots in the legs or lungs as well as heart attack and stroke.

Ortho Evra — the only birth control patch — has become increasingly popular since first going on sale in 2002.

What does this mean to you? In general, the higher the amount of estrogen you're exposed to, the greater your risk of serious side effects. However, it's unknown whether you're at higher risk of serious side effects if you use Ortho Evra than if you use a typical birth control pill. The health risks associated with estrogen use are higher if you're a smoker and you're over age 35.

Studies so far are inconclusive regarding the comparative risk of using Ortho Evra versus birth control pills. One study reported in February 2006 suggested a higher risk of blood clots among users of Ortho Evra; another study found the risk about the same for women using either Ortho Evra or the birth control pill. More research is needed, the FDA said following release of the two studies.

I know...I heard about that too so I will NEVER use the patch....scary stuff.
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

I take Luestrin 24 fe and i dont get n*.

But if you take a pill, and dont want to get n* from it, just take it at night. that way you will sleep throgh the n*.

&lt;3 So many pretty parts and no pretty wholes &lt;3