Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and I was just wondering what do you think you would actually do if you caught an sv* or had fp* and v*???

The irrational side of my brain tells me that I would never be able to handle it and would have to go straight to the hospital and then probably to the psych ward.

The rational side of my brain tells me that yes, it would suck, but I would be just fine and it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad as a I thought.

What do you guys think that you would do and it came down to it??
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

The irrational side of my brain would tell me to "qyick! run into the middle of the road and pray for an 18 wheeler!". The rational side would juast shut down altogether.

I think that cause we are all Emets we would throw up but not nearly as much as some one who wasn't an Emet.

I know that the last time I got sick I refused to eat anything for 24 hours afterward and that also meant drinking. I didn't throw up any more but I felt like hell, and was fighting the nausea the whole day. My sister on the other hand, when she gets a stomach virus she'll eat and drink and then throw it right back up.

I know if I got a stomach virus I would freak the hell out and cry and everything but I know I won't die....I dunno it's not like I'm at peace with knowing I'll throw up sometime again but I just know I'll be okay, I guess cause I'm assuming it won't happen any time soon. *Knock on wood*

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

If I was alone, I would panic quietly to myself and then just do it i think. It's been a long, long time since I actually v*, and then I felt so bad, I didn't care, I just wanted the n* to go away.

If I was with anyone, the panic would be much worse, I would want to run and hide.

The big problem for me is not knowing if or when it's going to happen. If someone told me I was going to v* at 3pm tomorrow, then I would be very nervous, but I'd deal with it, I think.

I would just full out panic!! Then I would hate myself for letting my guard down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was actually thinking about this today...right now I am extemley n* and have had a few close calls with v*. And I was thinking to myself...so what? Yes...I will v* and it will feel horrible but it will be over in an instant and I will feel so much better. And for a moment...I felt myself go...but as soon as I felt that horrible n* feeling creep up my throat, I paniced and fought it back. Gosh I hate this stupid Phobia!!!!

I have this awful feeling that if I was v* I would be dumb and call an ambulance or something....it's not an Emergency but to me it would feel like it! I am afraid of what I might do if I had a SV* I feel really n* right now and I thought I was going to v* yesterday cause my tummy really really hurt but I kept my cool and took a nap then felt better....eek!! I'm scared!
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

As much as it terrifies me to get any of these, as long as I am home and have my b* bags ready, I would try and be strong and handle it. My thing is that if I end up needing to v*, I go into bathroom, turn off light to do it. I can't do it with light on because I don't want to see anything. I make it as fast as possible so I can get up and wash my hands and face and try and hope that it's the last of it.Now being away from home, I would seriously be a mental case and would be crying and in hysterics.I don't even want to think about it![img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]even though people saying V* is not a serious health issue, to me it is one of the scariest things that can happen to me ( besides death).

I think the reason why v* traumatazes me is cuz I actually did end up having to go to the ER once from v*ing too much within a 24 hour span. see this is why to me v*=death. I swear I almost died that night, I had a 106 degree fever too. Of course, I also had pneumonia.

anyway, I might freak. If it was fp* w/ out v* I'd be fine w/ it as long as it was on a weekend so I wouldn't have to miss school (I want perfect attendence and so far I have it *knocks wood*) I think I had it b4 and from what I remember it was bad but the scariest part of it was weather or not I'd make it to the bathroom on time lol!

If i was v*... that's a different story. What Suze said, if I knew exactly when, it wouldn't be as scary.

I remember when I was a freshman in high school I didn't miss ONE day of school the whole first semester and I got an award for perfect attendence! LMAO!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

i remember when I actually got an sv* last summer. The first few times i v*ed were bad but after that it became routine. Every half hour I would go do it and slowly i got better.It only got really bad near the end because there was nothing left in my stomach and istarted to choke and cough and cry.I think I blocked most of it out though because I cant remember too much about it. I got over it and was proud of myself. If i can handle it, so can all of you.

much love,

-hayley xox
    ~*~ all is fair in love and war ~*~

See, for me there would be minor panic for maybe a couple of minutes as I try to console myself, but the fact that I know it's going to happen and I can't do anything about it, well, there's no room for panic and fretting. That would be pointless. As long as I had my Dad at my side the entire time, I would be able to face it calmlyno matter how many times I did it or how long. That's just me though. x_xEdited by: chemicalemotion

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

I honestly don't know how i would feel, because we don't know untill it happens. The other night all of a sudden i felt really n* and i thought to myself this is it, im going to v*, because i could just feel it and i had that churning feeling in my stomach, i had also had mcdonalds that day (never again shall i eat that lol) but i calmed down and i took a stemetil, i havn't taken one in like 2 months, so i thought i really needed one, so i took one and about 15 minutes later i felt better, then feel asleep lol. I think it will vary, some people will say it wasn't that bad after all, then others will think its horrible.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]