Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am really constipated right now and I have NEVER taken any kind of laxitive...what does it do? I mean like does it make your stools loose and give you d*?? I don't want d* but I really need to go #2! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Try a stool softener first. If it doesn't work, go for a laxative that is gentle...it will say that on the box. If you are worried, you could try a children's laxative. You may (only happened to me once) get a few slight tummy cramps, but nothing so bad tobring about n*, and not much worse than the feeling ofbeing constipated.I have gotten soclogged upbefore that I had to have an enema~yuck. Enema's do give you a bit of d*, but will get you moving for sure.

Hope you feel better soon.Edited by: nicki77
    Be Here Now

Thanks...I will see what happens! LOL I'm glad we can all talk about stuff like this in here! LOL
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

try fiber pills tthey will regulate you...i would be too scared of using a laxative
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I am backed up I eat prunes. Does the trick every time. Usually within 24 hours.

LOL! This is ironic just because I have been so constipated the past week that I got desperate and after trying a thousand other less invasive things I finally bit it and took a laxative. Oh. My. God. It took a couple of days to finally 'work'. For two nights I had tummy rumbles and bad gas after taking it. Finally this morning I woke up, went for a walk before work and then spent about an hour in the bathroom with massive diarrhea. I didn't mind though- it was finally getting out! I don't think I will make a habit of using them and do think you should try other measures first. But just know that if you do need them and they cause diarrhea, it's normal and does not at all mean that you will be sick otherwise. Best of luck!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Quote Originally Posted by daffodil
    When I am backed up I eat prunes. Does the trick every time. Usually within 24 hours.

I agree. You can also try to drink some Prune Juice (I know, ick), it does work
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Try senocot (if they have it in the States)...it is a stool softener and it is all natural. It is the only thing I ever use and it really works well....no runs....just loosens up the poop and you finally go!

Good luck!

If you can't stand prunes you can try dried apricots too, and drink LOTS of water. This is the main reason people get backed up. (My poor sister is a nurse, I am constintly calling her and asking her all manner of thing having to do with the big bad V.) If you are scared, like I am, of taking things oraly, there are sapositories and enimas you can take at home. It's a bit humilating, but for me it is better than the fear of what a pill will do to my stomach! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Oh, Yeah, and also pears are a good natural laxative, too.