Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Sorry if I've been a pain lately, but here's my question: Right now I have my period, and I also have IBS. I have been getting weird feelings/pain in my left side and lower abdomen. Kind of like period cramps, and sometimes more like constipation or gas. Does anyone have stress affect their period cramps? Does anyone with IBS ever just get pain with stress instead of diarrhea? I've been stressed due to my dog's illness, and this morning I heard my landlord v*. So now I'm even more stressed! [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]Edited by: halfoverthefur

I have had all kinds of strange pains druing my period. They travel all over my abdomin. And sometimes it dose feel like maybe gas, or constipation, or even sometimes D* but I have never been sick from them.

I am sorry to hear that your dog is sick, and yes, stress can cause d* and stomach cramps. My niece gets "stress tummy" all the time. Unless you ate from the same plate as your landlord, or ate his food and he didn't wash his hands while preparing it, you shouln't worry about getting sick from him.

As my mother always told me (and still dose) when I'm feeling sick, "you are fine." [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]you will be okay!

Thanks Kelli. I just saw my landlord, and she told me she has a sv*. I'm only worried because I pet their dogs all the time and hope I didn't catch it off them!

halfoverthefur,

I have IBS and I sometimes get pain instead of diarrhea.