Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

she was real conjested on TG Day...then me and her sis got it Sunday. Then this morning she gagged and v alittle phlem (sorry for the TMI) then 1 hour later she had some water and did it again. she siad that it was all in her throat and gone now....what do you all think?

Very typical. Thick drainage will gag the tougest of persons. In a child its more of a relex reaction. As teens and adults we learn to hark those babies right up with no trouble (gross I know). The gag reflex can cause some regurgitation as opposed to full blown v*. Big difference but still gross! For me v* that is non-contagious does not bother me. I still avoid it if possible but it does not trigger my emets.

Hope that offers a little reassurance!

it does and she is bouncing off the walls now.....lol

This happens to me quite often, especially first thing in the morning. I am old enough to be able to "work" through it, but with little ones, they just try to get it out. I would be surprised if it were anything more than just the drainage and cough. I am thinking that she will be totally fine.

Julie

Good to hear![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

My daughter always v* when she has a cough/cold. It's normal for kids to do this and it's nothing nasty that you can catch. Hope things clear up soon.