Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OH MY GOD!! It is 445am on Wednesday morning, and I woke up so the sound of my son coughing and it echoing fromt he toilet, and then the dreaded Mommmmmm!! You know...he v*. Well, maybe it was all the crap he ate last night...he had a TON OF FOOD...super hungry. And in the back of mymind, I was thinking...I bet he is getting the stomach flu...weird how you think like that. He has v* one more time since then...and he just called me again, saying his tummy hurts. He is 6. I am so happy that he made it to the bathroom. Last time he said to me..."I'm not happy" I told him me neither, but he is doing a great job. Suprisingly, I am doing very well. I think it's cause there is no mess for me to clean up. So he has his pillow, and some blankets to sleep on in the bathroom.Now, of course, my brain starts going overtime...my bday is next week, so is my daughters...and we are having her party on the 9th...hopefully no one will be sick. I can't stand this feeling that I have now...lump in my throat and just a nauseating feeling...man this really sucks!!!!

Wow... Sorry to hear about the little guy, but I have to say I am very impressed at how well you are handling yourself. Good for you. Just hang in there- hopefully your first instinct of overindulgence is right and there will be nothing more for you to anticipate. Keep up the good work and just relax. You are being a great mommy.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks so much...he did v* again at 715 this morning...I am sure it is a sv*. He was complaining of his tummy hurting...this really sucks. I don't want anyone else to get sick. I will be so paranoid for the next 4 days or so. Wish me luck guys.

Hi there!!

I'm so sorry your son is ill! Poor thing.....But it sounds like you are doing an amazing job and handling everything extremely well. And he was able to get to the bathroom and everything--how great for him!! My son, 9 years old, had a sv* last year right around this time and (without being too graphic!) it was a big mess. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    If it is a sv* just remember us emet moms rarely get it, and of course clean and disinfect like crazy. I've only caught it from my son once, but I only had bad d*. That was years ago when he was still a toddler.
    You're doing wonderfully!! Take care of yourself and let us know how it's going, okay?? We all know how you feel!
    By the way, my birthday's next week too on the 5th!

Definitely. Good luck. I'm so sorry that he has a sv. Isn't it strange? Last time my daughter had one she pigged out right before, too. Shouldn't their bodies kinda like make them not hungry if they are about to have a pukefest??? Ugh.. Why doesn't it work that way???

How old is your daughter?

You know the drill. And it is absolutely possible for people to keep sv's contained to one person in the household. So, try not to stress too much.

\"This too shall pass\"

I'm really sorry that your son is ill, and of course that you are having to go through this. It sounds like you are handling it brilliantly, it is so much better when they make it to the bathroom, isn't it?!

There's a good chance you won't catch it, I never caught my daughter's sv a few weeks back. Just follow the usual emet rules about keeping your hands clean and away from your face, and you should be fine. Containing it in the bathroom too will really reduce the risk of spread.

hope he's feeling better soon !! xxx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks guys for all your suppor! It has been 8 hourssince the last time he v*. He is very hungry too!! All hegets is oyster crackers and diet7up. My youngest, will be 5 Dec 9th. And my oldest is 11.5. I was sooooo proud of him that he made it to the bathroom...I think that is why I am handling it much better than in the past! I'm of course still worried about me getting it...the last 2 years when the kids got it...I did too!! And of course, as I am typing about it...I get that all to well known feeling in my tummy. Hopefully it is just cause I didn't eat too much today...only had 2 waffles about an hour ago. Too nervous to eat. The longest we went between people before was 4 days. How about you guys...when do you think I am in the clear with the other kids. I won't be going out of the house with them for a while!

I hope your son feels better real soon!

I think you handled it great. I hope your son feels better soon and that all goes well for the party which i'm sure it will.

wait, aren't you the one who posted that your oldest daughter had v*d like, a few weeks ago? Sorry if I wasn't reading it right, but jw..

No, my oldest last v* in March, and the 2 little ones were last sick december of 05. So far so good...nothing else tonight. I will still be freaking out for 4 days...I think then we might be safe.

Well...it has been 24 hours...no one else is sick. Fingers crossed!!!

My kids have passed a sv to each other, and also to their dad when he lived here. The maximum time between each person getting it was about 60 hours, or 2.5 days.

I hope he's feeling better! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I'm glad to hear that no one else is sick! How's the little one feeling? I think it's great that he knew to make it to the toilet!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Well...he is completely better...and the youngest, so far, seems to be doing great! Knock on wood...once I make it past the 4 days (which was the longest it took in or house) I will be great. This time betweenis terrible...it kills me!