Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: feeling bad

Hybrid View

I don't know whats wrong with me. I just ate dinner and now I feel so sick... I just popped 2 pepto and that didn't seem to do anything so I took a gravol about 5 minutes ago.. now I'm just waiting for that to kick in.

I try not to take gravol unless I'm feeling pretty bad. Im also feeling pretty anxious right now, which is odd because I haven't felt this way in a long time.

I just have to wait until the gravol works... * cross your fingers*

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

sorry, not sure why I put this in this forum, guess I'm not thinking straight

edited to add a question : does anyone know how long it takes to work?

Edited by: Babydoll

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I cant offer any advise as I dont know how long it takes to kick in but I hope you feel better soon!!

Laney xx

should take about 3min. we do not have gravol here....we have dramamine...the same ingredients. and it takes care of me within 30 min

I hope you're feeling better now and that the gravol kicked in.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

I hope you feel better soon! I highly doubt you'll v* though, and I'm not sure if it was really necessary to take the Gravol along w/ the Pepto-Bismol. Remember most n* comes from your brain. Tell yourself you're OK. But like I said I highly doubt you'll v* cuz from what i heard Pepto is supposed to be really effective in keeping you from v*ing. I heard that they've done experiments w/ it where people took 5 ml. of syrup of ipecac, and then took Pepto, and 80% of them DID NOT v*!

Hi Babydoll,

are you feeling better? Yes for me it takes about 20 Minutes to a half hour as well, then I conk out. Hope your feeling better!

Im feeling much better now! I don't know what it was, I think whatever I ate was too rich for me or something.. but even with my IBS, I haven't felt that barfy in a LONG time. I almost got up and ran to the bathroom several times

The gravol took about 15-20 minutes and then I fell asleep for 2 hours! that stuff makes me soo sleepy.

I just wonder what it was, part of me thinks it might be all the stress from school since Im heading into finals, with papers due, and such.

I was a little weary to eat supper tonight, but I did and I feel fine now.
    yay for gravol.....

the pepto I dont find is effective so much with me.. I don't take it often but when I do I find its not quite enough to take the edge off the nausea.. Im more likely to take that If Ive got other end issues, haha.

lol ya, to stop the d*. Immodium was what I always used as a child. Well i used it like once or twice...

Quote Originally Posted by xxsophiaxx
    But like I said I highly doubt you'll v* cuz from what i heard Pepto is supposed to be really effective in keeping you from v*ing. I heard that they've done experiments w/ it where people took 5 ml. of syrup of ipecac, and then took Pepto, and 80% of them DID NOT v*!

Interesting because Pepto made mev*. That and those fuzzy tablet drops to put in water..um...I forgot the name...I v* 1 minute after with those,too. That was the worst.

Alka Seltzer is the fizzy stuff. That makes me gag! But Pepto usually helps me.

I find Pepto extremely helpful when I'm n*. I've just bought some Motilium 10 (domperidone) but haven't tried it yet.

Motilium is really good!

wow, maybe you were already gonna v* anyway? Cuz I don't think Pepto works right away. I mean, if you were gonna v* like at that moment, the Pepto wouldn't have helped

it says on the bottle that you can take doses at intervals of a half hour each.. So Im thinking peptp probably works fast but doesnt last long. I knew for me at that point I was going to have to break out the heavy duty stuff, lol.