Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have heard before that people who are afraid of being sick get sick the least so I thought I would ask you people when was the last time you got sick on your own and how do you keep from getting sick? like for me the last time I got sick on my own was when I was 15, I am now 33, I did get sick when I was 26 after having my youngest daughter C-Section but that was from the medicine so I don't count that, I always seem to get through flu season without getting sick, sometimes I feel nausous for a day but that is it, even when everyone else around me is getting sick, I try to avoid going to someones house if I know they are sick or had been sick in the last few days and if someone is at my house and says they are sick or had been sick I clean my hands with hand sanatizer a lot and spray disinfectant on things they have touched, like door knobs. I also don't eat anything that has been left open in the fridge for more than a day.

By sick do you mean *v or just ill in general? If its *v, then
    the average for me is probably once every 4 or 5 years but colds and
    flus and such I don't seem immune to whatsoever. I always get the
    flu in spring and one or two colds throughout the year. I smoke
    too so that probably has something to do with it. And I'm totally
    with you on disinfecting after people are over. It isn't very
    polite to ask when people last got sick so I just don't take chances
    and disinfect regardless

December 25, 1987 was the last time I v*.

The last time I got a stomach bug, was May 19, 1992, but I didn't v*.

I have a strong immune system for stomach viruses, but not colds. I get 1-2 colds a year.

I just wash my hands frequently--before meals and after going to the bathroom. I also wash or use hand sanitizer if I go to a place where there are lots of people--grocery stores, Wal-mart, baseball games, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Me: 14th October 2003

My Hubby: 12th October 2003

My eldest son (Bobbie) 15th October 2003

My other son (Nicholas) 06.02.2005

My daughter (Alice) 27.05.2005

My youngest (Emily) 17.11.05

But now i must go and touch some wood!

I was sick only a couple of weeks ago with a flu but it wasn't that bad (read my post in expereinces named - OMG i did it, i got through v*) but the lasttime b4 that was 2 and a half years ago.

July 7, 2003, 6:31AM (yes, I remember the time... [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]) was the last time I v*.

Been sick numerous times since then, but only with a mild stomach bug, a few colds, a flu.

<center>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    </center>

Dec 9, 1984...ugh, the anniversary is coming up!
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

It had been 22 years for me since I last v*. It must have been some kind of record (praise the Lord). When I started teaching, it took two weeks to break my record. That was 2 years 3 months and 2 weeks ago. Knock on some big wood. I don't even like to talk about dates. I'm afraid I will jinx myself. I have so many crazy rituals now. I didn't do anything before and don't know how I stayed well. I was naiive. I do so many crazy things now it would take me 2 paragraghs to name them. I didn't now that emets do this, but for the past year, I have been eating one end of a french fry, chip, cookie, and etc., then throwing the other end away that has been touching my fingers. Even if I wash my hands, I do it anyway. It is a bizarre ritual, but according to experts, it is classic emets.

I actually don't remember. But...I think...about 3 years ago.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Last time I v*ed was on April 16, 1987. I've had sv's in Feb 96', Dec 99',April 02', April 04', April 05', Jan 06' and I'm pretty sure I had one this past Novemeber but very mild. All of these I've e=never vomited. However, I do get the flu every 4-5 years and a cold 1-2 x's a year.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Last time I was sick was a few months ago, I had a really bad cold. Last time I vomited was probably back in 99 over spring break/passover. I just did it once and before that I hadn't vomited since I was like 8 (I was 16 in 99) so it's been like 6 years for me *Knock on wood*

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I have the worst immune system ever. I get the sv* every year pretty much, thanks to my kids. I also get other colds and stuff often. We have been sick in my home for about 6 weeks on and off now. I started with strep 11-8 and now have it again. I just can't shake anything it seems. My oldest is in kindergarten now and he brings home everything. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]<!--
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//-->

let's see. i don't remember dates or times really. all i know is that i am now 29 and the last time i vomited i was 17.
    \"This too shall pass\"

June 21, 1999

Summer of 1999 for me, too. That's when I quit eating restaurant ice.

Quote Originally Posted by katiepool129
    I was sick only a couple of weeks ago with a flu but it wasn't that bad (read my post in expereinces named - OMG i did it, i got through v*) but the lasttime b4 that was 2 and a half years ago.

i couldnt find your post but i really wanna read it , could you maybe post the link?

Quote Originally Posted by punchbuggy

Quote Originally Posted by katiepool129

i couldnt find your post but i really wanna read it , could you maybe post the link?

To find that post you have to go under "Experiences" and then select to "show topics" from the "last two months." Katie's post is at the bottom of page six (at least right now it is, maybe later it will be bumped down to page 7).

Thanks for sharing that Katie. It is brave of you to share.

Katie, by the way, how do you feel now mentally? Do you think you are cured?

right now. i have a mild cold and i'm getting the pre-n* feeling: try, scratchy throat, my stomach churning... ugh........

but if you mean actually v*ing, the last time was when i was in 3rd grade. um... that would be 9 years ago?Edited by: sp0il3dbrat2
    Dont let the fear control your life. Once you try it, you\'ll know its not as bad as you think.

-T.H.

I was in year 6, sooo.. 4 and a half years ago xx

Feb 17, 2005

dad and sis had v* Woke up feeling n* but went to school. as soon as i got into school, felt like v* Mom picked me up, heaved in the parking lot, went home and v* once. Had d* all night. HATE February! Have v* 3 separate years around Valentine's day.

Have stomach upset and N* and d* constantly...often violent d* but thankfully haven't v* recently

but now i need to touch some wood too...flu season is on the way!

Easter, 24 years ago!

--Kim

Edited:

December 26, 2006. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I think I have lasted a long time compared to everyone else. It had to be 1974 or 1975 (I was 8). I remember the whole experience. However, I am always nauseated (out of worry and anxiety).