Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This is for all women who are or may become pregnant in the future.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061130/...e/paxil_pregna ncy

That is scary...Im glad I dont take those.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ugh.. I hate Paxil.
    \"This too shall pass\"

I took it for a about a year and I don't ever want to go back on it. It didn't help me, makes you so tired someone could tell you you would be v* and n* free for the rest of your life and you would just whisper and sigh a "thanks" rather than jump for joy like you won a billion dollars..I was a zombie and my boyfriend noticed how alive I became a few weeks after getting off that sh**.The worst is the withdrawal.Major withdrawal issues. Gaggy, panic attacks to the highest level..lord...You can find stories all over the internet.I have been off of it for months, thanks god. I don't want children, but I just wanted to stop because I felt it wasn't helping me.I know I need to go on something.

Does anyone know if it has any effect if the man is taking it? We were thinking of having another baby and my husband takes Paxil now and he didn't with our other 2. ~Brandi~

I literally just went back on it today, after having tried Wellbutrin for a few months and having it do nothing. Paxil was the only thing that worked with my panic attacks. The only reason I went off it at all was because my depression was bad. I went through withdrawal, which sucked. But I tapered off gradually, so it wasn't bad at all. Just annoying. The risks are worth it to me, to feel more "normal." In just a couple months being off it, I'm right back to where I was, anxiety-wise. Guess my next route is to try a counselor again.

Oh, and I guess I will be going back on the pill again, too, especially with this news coming out. It's weird that I hear this news story on the same day I started it again. *sigh*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey the good thing is that they are not saying that you cannot go on paxil before having a baby, they are just saying that the baby could suffer heart defects if you take it during the pregnancy. So if you take paxil now, and you're not pregnant, that's okay.

Thanks for the news!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I take paxil and it has done wonders for me - given me my life back -unlike the antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs I tried previous to it. It's scary to think about it causing birth defects though - I'm heading towards 37 and haven't had any kids yet so if I decided to it would be a real concern.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb