Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I am so ticked off right now. I need your help. I have had a student out for 2 days. He said he had the flu. His sister was out too. Her teacher said the stomach flu. He came back from recess and said his stomach hurt and he was dizzy. I sent him to the nurse. She sent him back with a bag. Said she was busy. He told me he v* on the way to the nurses office. What am I going to do? He is sitting far away from me but he is always walking around talking and is sweaty all over the place. This is a nightmare.

Call his mom/dad and have them come get him!!

I agree, call his parents!! ASAP!!

It's too late. He went to the office to call home and they told him to ride the bus. These people kill me. We had a school in my county that had over half of the students (over 200) out with an sv*. They never closed the school. I hold such a grudge. Send him back to me sick, so that me and all of the other kids can catch it. You know what makes me madder than that. I know that they lie about v*. Kids are kids but my gosh. I know that they don't know about my fear, but they lie about it every day and go on about their business. I sit paralyzed in fear for 2 days. As soon as one says they have it, I have another one tellin me they have it. It never ends. Sunday night is my only peace because I've been away from them 48 hrs. I am getting out. If any of you have read my posts, I am resigning tomorrowand it can't come too soon. I have always loved children and still do.Emet has made me bitter to their illnesses and I resent catching everything that they catch.

What's wrong with those parents?? How about showing some compassion for your child when he is ill along with consideration for theother kids. People never cease to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by kayron
    It's too late. He went to the office to call home and they told him to ride the bus. These people kill me. We had a school in my county that had over half of the students (over 200) out with an sv*. They never closed the school. I hold such a grudge. Send him back to me sick, so that me and all of the other kids can catch it. You know what makes me madder than that. I know that they lie about v*. Kids are kids but my gosh. I know that they don't know about my fear, but they lie about it every day and go on about their business. I sit paralyzed in fear for 2 days. As soon as one says they have it, I have another one tellin me they have it. It never ends. Sunday night is my only peace because I've been away from them 48 hrs. I am getting out. If any of you have read my posts, I am resigning tomorrowand it can't come too soon. I have always loved children and still do.Emet has made me bitter to their illnesses and I resent catching everything that they catch.

SHEESH! I don't blame you! Good for you for getting out of this.Sounds awful. Sounds like a nightmare to be surrounded by that so much. V* just sucks!!![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Ooooohhhhh, this touched a nerve! I was waiting to collect my son from school the other day, and I could hear bits of a conversation between two other mums along the lines of "blah blah blah......up three nights with them........blah blah...really sick....tummy bug" But those children were all in school!!!!!! It's not the first time this has happened! Why do they do it?? Who in their right mind sends their poor sick children to school? They're miserable and the kids they infect will soon be pretty miserable too!! Emet or not, I'd never send a sick child to school.