Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My name is Raegen, I'm 18 and I've had problems with emetophobia since I was just9 years old.

Anyway, today I found out that one of my close friends has come down witha sv[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]... and the worst part is that I spent a lot of time with her yesterday. I am freaking out, and my question is, do you think it's possible that I could develop symptoms? I am positive that her symptoms did not begin until late last night or this morning, because all day yesterday she was absolutely fine. And yes, as usual I did wash my hands frequently yesterday. Thanks so much!!!

If her symptoms didn't come on untill like, dead late when you were gone, and you've kept yourself clean since you've gone etc etc.. Then it's very unlikely you wont be fine. =]

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Doubtful! You should be ok!

I should think you'll be ok. It's best to think positive because getting stressed out can lower your immune system. Welcome to the board

Hang in there, a try not to stress to bad, I know it's easier said than done, but hopefully you won't get it.

Welcome! I am new too!

Hi Reagen,

I think xsarah-warahx meant to say that you WILL be fine. I agree, you should be just fine. Have you read the Q&A post from Alvin, under the Q&A section. That has done wonders for me. I now understand how the sv* is transmitted.

If you haven't read it yet, probably the only way you would get sick from being with a friend is if she isn't a hand washer & she touched your food. Disgusting as it is, the SV can only live in a "moist" enviroment. It comes from either "poo" or v*. And, it has to enter your body through your eyes, nose or mouth.

Since she wasn't v*ing yesterday & I would assume she washes her hands & that you wouldn't touch your nose, mouth or eyes w/o washing first - you're going to be all right.

I totally understand your fear! It helps though to realize if you wash your hands with regular soap and water & don't touch your face w/o doing that -- you won't be infected. I used to think that if I stood by someone, or touch something that they had touched in the past week, than I was infected. Not the case at all.

If you're like me, you'll be fine after the "incubation" period is over. But, I think in all likely hood, you're not in any danger of catching it now. Glad you're here & welcome!

SusanEdited by: turtleiam
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

Thanks so much everyone, just like you thought I didn't get sick! *knock on wood* [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]