Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: EXPOSED???

Just my luck! I've been dodging folks here at work that have had the sv* (as they describe it "the worst ever"). As an emet, I avoid many places and people during the peak of sv* season (seems to be typically Oct - December in my neck of the woods)!

I desided to go to my little Mexican Food restarant that I trust and love. I know the entire family and it is the best food in town.

I have not been in a few weeks so as I was eating, the owner came over to say hi as he always does and I asked him if he had a good Thanksgiving and he said "no". I knew what was to follow....he had "the worst sv* ever! lastes 5 days!

Trying to keep calm and finish lunch I talked myself down thinking that it's been several days since he was ill. He said he's been fine all week.

Then I made the mistake of asking his daughter how she was doing (stupid question) and she told me how they all have been sick with the sv*. Her fiance works the door and shook hands with me.

Logic tell me, if they had it, it has spread to other workers knowingly or unknowingly and they are preparing my food, which inspite of it all was very good and piping hot as always! LOL!

Now begins the 72 hours of dwelling and waiting, not eating getting week and sickish feeling! I hate this! I'm like the magnet for people who are sick with sv* and it always is "the worst case ever'! WTF?

I don't know if I hate the sv* more than my emets but dang it this drives me nuts and it ruins my Christmas Holiday almost every year!

OK, just had to vent. i know there is nothing I can do, if I got exposed, I'm exposed I just have to try and not v*

I hate the wating game! ARRRRRRRRRG!

I am so sick of this sv* thing. Why won't it just go away! It seems like everywhere you turn there is someone who knows someone, or something that have had it. I am a mess, and I am tired of being this way.

I am sure that noone who has had the sv* are still actually sick or contagious. I know it's easier said than done, but try to keep calm. I hope that you can avoid this rather horrible sv* season time. I don't remember the last time it seemed to be EVERYWHERE! Hang in there.

Crystal
    That, which does not kill us, makes us stronger!

Oh... I hate the dreaded waiting after that feeling when you just know you've been exposed. Just remember that even if you come into contact with it, your immune system has to fail you in order for it to make you sick. That being said drink water, rest, don't stress and eat healthy and you will more than likely be fine. (don't stress? yeah right... I haven't mastered this one either). By the way.. Where is your neck of the woods?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Thanks, my online support team! You guys are great!

hi johnlp. I read in another post of yoursthat Dramamine is your baby. Does this really suppress the urge to v*? I bought some a couple weeks ago because I was getting vertigo while driving after getting over a weird virus in October. My doc and pharmacist recommended this. I hope this works in case of a serious n* feeling.

My 72 hours of waiting has started, too! Johnlp...we can play the
    waiting game together! I went to my daughter's classroom today
    and her teacher said, "Did Jamie tell you about the child who got s* in
    class the other day?" "UH, no!!!" Apparently, he was s* in
    the room 2 days ago and another child was out yesterday, too. I
    calmly asked my daughter about it, and she was hardly aware that it
    happened (I want to be like her when I grow up![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img])
    It happened at the end of the day, and I am so glad that I didn't know
    about it then...2 fewer days of worrying in life is always good.
    But, I have been watching her like a hawk all night. I know that
    my kids are great about washing their hands right when they come home
    from school and befroe they eat, so I just pray that they are ok!!!!!!!
    Julie

Yes it does. I think what helps is that I get it in me before n* sets in. I'm pretty good at determining when my body is heading towards sv*.

Now here is what I do but if you do it it is at your own risk.

I take 2 and a half tables at first. That is 125mg. I will take the other half tablet (that is 25mg) in four hours if need be. I take them with a sip of water and hold off on anything by mouth for about three hours. If all subsides I resume drinking clear liquids and stay off food for 12 hours.

Note, this is not my emet controll system, this is when I have the sv*.

If I am just worried and uptight about my emets, I follow the regular dosage.

I never exceed the recommened dosage in a 24 hour period even though I cheet on the first.

It makes you very sleepy and if you are upright a little dizzy which can trigger an emets attack so best to stay in bed and try and sleep it off.

Do not drive when you take it.

Again, I am not advising anyine to follow my method.

One of my clients cancelled with me yesterday. She told me of her horrid sv*.

She told me that she called her Dr. and this was his response:

"Yes, Their is a nasty sv* going around our city, worst one yet".

Thanks Doc...