Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: how old were you when you became emet..?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 or younger

17 30.36%
  • 6-10

33 58.93%
  • 11-14

6 10.71%
  • 15-19

0 0%
  • 20-30

0 0%
  • 30-40

0 0%
  • 41 and up

0 0%

I was 7, Im now 14 and i havent v*ed in 5 1/2 years.

I was 8. That was, umm, 21 years ago. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]In that time, I can count on one hand the times I have v*.
    Be Here Now

Quote Originally Posted by nicki77
    I was 8. That was, umm, 21 years ago. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]In that time, I can count on one hand the times I have v*.

You mean all together or in sets? I mean if you had a sv and v*ed3 times, would that count as one? if so then i can too (I never v*ed except svs or food poisoning)

I was either in grade 3 or 4 .

Hi there!!

The first time I remember getting really panicked and scared when someone v*ed was in 4th grade, so I was around 10 years old. This kid sitting next to me v*ed all over his desk and I literally RAN. We all went out into the hallway until the janitor came and I remember feeling n* and terrified---sweaty, shaky and like I couldn't breathe. I was nearly in tears as well. The rest of the year I avoided him like the plague!!

Mine was later on when i was about 13 or 14, i think my main trigger was i remember waking up one night and people were arguing and i couldn't back to sleep and i started to feel really n* and i remember staying up half the night not wanting to v* as i had quite a lot to eat that day, so i was scared to bring it up. I think that was the maint ime, then every night after that i would feel n*, i mean i never liked v* when i was younger, but it didn't change my daily life and i never thought about it.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well I've had this phobia as far as I can remember back. My mum said that when I was 3 and my sister had just been born she would get sick quite a lot and it would freak me out. I think maybe that's where my phobia comes from, because there was so much stress about the fact Jo would throw up all the time. She threw up on me once when she was just a baby and I cried haha. So I guess since I was three so that's....19yrs I've been scared of it.

Then when I was 6 or 7 I had an incident where I threw up in my school dinner hall and that was it set for me.

Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Well, my anniversary was yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha but basically, I became emet the whole month of December 2000. Basically December 1st, I woke up w/ a really weird feeling and I v*d. but it didn't really bother me. but I didn't know why I was so shaky. And I only v*d like 2 times ,and I v*d a third time on saturday. But after that for a week I had fatigue and the shakes. and a mild fever. It's weird... they tested me for everything, and they couldn't figure out what was wrong w/ me. then just when every1 thought i was getting better, the day b4 winter break, a girl (one of my friends, actually) v*d all over my desk (she wat across from me)!! OMFG so horrible. And ever since then... I've been emet.

I've had emet tendencies since i was three, but it became really bad around 6-9 ish

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I was 9, it was the first time that I ever saw someone (other than myself) v*.Edited by: raegen

Default Re: how old were you when you became emet..

I was 7 years and 8 months old. I remember it fondly.

I was 7 or 8. I was constantly sick and in the hospital a lot when I was young and just thinking about v*ing makes me nervous and uncomfortable.

I was 4 years old.​ I remember that age and I know it was that age.
    Original Register Date w/Old Account: 27 December 2012.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Around 6-7ish