Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

so i decide to go out shopping black friday, and as i am driving thru the city at 630 am, there it is, right downtown, a man v*ing all over the sidewalk. i am very proud, i kept driving! no panic attack.

then, not a week later, the car in front of me on a not so busy road stops, the passenger leans out, and, you guessed it! i went around them, suppressed the urge to yell "gross"! and became rather depressed the rest of the day!

a couple of things here:

the first incident didnt seem to bother me because it was in a bad section of town known for drunks and drug addicts so im pretty sure it was due to one of those.

however, i had a million questions about the second incident:

was she alright? why was she doing it? morning sickness? sv? chemo?

it seems like part of my fear is feeling unsafe, and maybe feeling unsafe for the other person.any thoughts?

also any help would be appreciated- i cant stop thinking about it and i am in hypermode about it happening again- checking everyone i come in contact with for paleness, etc. man i hate that feeling.

also, i do believe maybe this is Gods blessing of sorts, to help me come to terms with this and get on with more important things.

just would like to hear some other voices. you guys in this forum are great for that and i appreciate it!!!! : )
    part of the cure is wanting to be cured

Hi there!!

What a week!! I'd be a shaking, panicky mess right now if that happened to me.......ugh!!
    I wish I had some advice to make you feel better, but for me the only thing that works is time. I do the same exact things you do when I witness something like that---I constantly wonder what's wrong with the person and I cannot for the life of me get the nasty image out of my mind! I replay the moment in my head again and again and I feel panicky and n* for the rest of the day. Usually I cannot eat either. Eventually it DOES pass, and usually by the next morning I'm feeling more myself. I try to do something to take my mind off of it---something relaxing and enjoyable. I also tell myself over and over that there are MANY different reasons why that person v*ed, but unfortunately us emets always seem to see it! At least you were in your car at the time.....I've been v*ed ON many times in my life. Ugh!!
    Hope you are feeling a bit calmer!!

hey darthvader. Yeah, I would be the same way about the second incident. That poor woman.I have seen drunks or druggies passed out next to their own v*. Was utterly disgusted but dealt with it.Then one day ( 1997, yep-remember the year)I saw anelderly man v* outside of a supermarket as his wife stood about 10 ft from him. I scowled and just covered my mouth and nose because I was disgusted and freaking out. Hiswife made matters worse and yelled at me"WHAT'S THEMATTER? YA AIN'TSEEN ANYONEGET SICK BEFORE?!"Thanks lady. Irushed into the supermarket. I couldn't stop thinking about it and I was not able to eat all day. I had a million questions also! Was he sick with an sv? Was it medication?I felt bad for him. I am a very emotional person when it comes to people v*.I feel their humiliation, and sickness all at once. That is a big part of this phobia. It all started with my humiliation of v* in front of the principal and superintendent of schools when I was 7 years old.How were you able to handle yourself the rest of the day after the second one?
    -Bridgette

I have a kind of funny story relating to this. I was driving down the interstate one day on a sunday afternoon. Traffic was moving pretty good and then all of the sudden it came to a stop. I thought there was probably an accident or something. well after slowly moving along for about a half mile or so, I finally saw what it was that was causing the back up. A van was pulled over in the emergency lane and a little boy (probably about age 10 or 11 was leaning over and was v*ing on the ground behing the van while his mother was standing next to him. She was rubbing his back. I think everyone on the highway that day was an emet because they were all stopping to look and thats what caused the traffic jam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am the same way...always questioning in my head...and trying to think of a thousand different reason why someone did that! I haven't figured out a way to NOT do that.

I usually try to watch a vomit-free movie or listen to some relaxing music. Try to do something you won't associate with vomit. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Hope this week is better for ya.

Oh and ginger_saves, I would have given that rude old woman the one finger salute and told her exactly where to go. [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]I've myself and awful temper.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"