Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Sore Stomach

Hybrid View

I've had a really weird sore stomach since yesterday and I don't know why! I've not been eatin too healthily this week so i ate a lot of salad yesterday, i thought i just had indigestion from that but i've woken up today and i still have a sore stomach. It's not constipation coz i went twice yesterday! I'm worried coz I don't know what it is ad i have had some tums etc but nothing seems to help! What can I do? What do you think it could be?
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hmm , It might be stress from thinking about it to much . I would suggest making ginger ta and sipping on it for a while. try to get rest and dont over exaggerate because you may "feel" like you have a sore stomach but in reality not actually have one . you know how we can get sometimes with our speculations . Get better soon

p.s making ginger tea by the way is just boiling a ginger root in a pot of water.

I notice you said "sore" vs "ache". Have you been using your ab muscles more latly?

I don't have any ginger sadly but i will look into getting some. John it's weird coz i feel like i have been doing situps or something but I haven't lol! I don't really think it's stress because sometimes its not there at all, i went shopping before and didnt even notice it had gone, but now its back! Guess i'll just have to wait it out, don't feel like im gonna vomit which is very reassuring!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The abs can get sore pretty easily. I laughed so hard a few nights ago that I woke up with sore ab muscels. Coughing hard and bad hiccups do it to me too!

A good test is to tighten your abs as if you were going to get punched in the gut. Make them real tight and then press on them with your fingers. You can usually find the sore spot, it will be tender to the touch. That will be muscular and has no relation to sv* or v*![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

HICCUPS!! I had hiccups four times yesterday and i always get them really violently! How could i forget?! Thanks jonh, i bet thats what the pain is, coupled with the fact that i have a cough aswell. You're a lifesaver! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    *katy*

Okay, it is definitly not just pulled muscles. My stomach is killing me now, achy and painful so bad i can't sleep. Iv had another tums and a motilium but i dont know what to do. Im thinkin maybe trapped wind, but what can i do to get rid of that? Any help would be great x
    *katy*

If it's gas maybe you could take some Beano. Although, I'm not sure if they have it in the UK. It's just a pill that you take and they claim that there'll be no gas afterwards, hence the cool name-Beano. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know if it works unless you take it before the meal. Gosh, I'm not really helping, am I?

I've also read that yoga poses can help with the trapped gas and tummy pain that comes along with it. Try lying on your back with your knees pulled up to your chest. This also helped my kiddos when they were babies and had gas pains. I hope I helped a little.

Lol well its half 2 in the morning so i can't go out n buy any beano (cool name tho lol), il try the yoga poses, hopefully they will help. But if its not gas i dont know what it could be, still really rumbly n sore [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Thanks for the reply tho, im going to try n get some sleep now, hopefully feel better when i wake up
    *katy*