Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: If you had to pick one would you rather..

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magically never v* again

24 58.54%
  • V* every couple of years-ish without fear

17 41.46%

I was just wondering, if you had a choice between someone waving a magic wand and saying "Now you will never v* again" (We'll assume some kind of magical evaporation in cases of poisoning etc) or would you rather v* as much as a non emet but without panic?

I personally voted for the v*ing without panic because it would make me feel more normal and I would love to v* and feel relieved rather than panicked because it's something I've never experienced before - v* as a solution to suffering.

Although I understand the point you are making, I would still rather never vomit ever again....LoL!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

I know that I should</span> say v* without panic, but the truth is that I'd rather never v* again.

Never again!

Hi there!!

I'd actually rather v* every few years or so with no fear than just never do it again. My fear is with mostly others doing it---although I AM afraid of myself v*ing, but not quite as much as other people v*ing. So even if I personally was never going to do it again in my lifetime I'd STILL be terrified of seeing others. I hate this phobia and do not want to live with it for the rest of my life. I'm so ashamed of the way I treat my son when he v*s or when he simply has a tummy ache, and I really hate myself at times for it. I want to be able to handle it and to be there for him, even if it means I have to v* every now and again.
    So I voted to v* and be fine with it! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Edited by: christianne

I'm mostly afraid of me v*. so I voted never again.

I voted to do it without panic because that way i would feel like a normal human being [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I voted no panic, I would rather not have this fear.

I would rather vomit without fear. i cannot stand this nausea anymore. Is any one always nauseous?

If I KNEW I could never v* I think I'd choose that (assuming there were
    no health risks involved...sometimes we do NEED to v*!) but if I didn't
    know, I would much rather be 'normal' because otherwise I would still
    stress out worrying about it!

Quote Originally Posted by afraid213
    I would rather vomit without fear. i cannot stand this nausea anymore. Is any one always nauseous?
    Yes, always. It seems to me that many, if not MOST emets are frequently n*.

I said never again assuming that meant I wouldn't like die if I got poisoned and needed to vomit.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

I chose "v* without fear every so couple of times a year", because that is what I aim for right now. I wouldn't want to not v* ever again because that'd be strangely.....unsatisfying. I'd rather v* without panic as one of these days I'll get that. I know I will.