Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

WOW! Check this out. Poor girl. People who don't have a serious phobia like us emets just can't relate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjxOt2u2BGM
    -Bridgette

Aww... I felt sorry for her- they had her on the show purely to make fun of her. And what's with FORCING her to confront her fear? They only did that to cause a big reaction and for the audience to get a cheap laugh.

I must admit though at the start I had abit of a giggle[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]What a strange phobia!

Ya know what I hate Maury and Jerry and all those b******s! That's just cruel. So it's not something most people fear, don't be a d***! Jerk!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

That just doesn't seem real to me...At first when she was in the pickle factory the way she reacted looked real, but then when she said he was a waitress..it looked like she couldn't keep herself from laughing....I don't know, but if it is real, putting here in a pickle factory is like putting us in a vomitorium...could you even imagine????

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

do vomitoriums even exist? haha OK dumb question. I also have a food phobia though, so I can relate. Feta cheese. Even though I don't remember what it tastes like (since I only had it once when I was a baby, or so I was told) it's just sooo weird. Its one thing I'll never eat. I avoid it like the plague.

[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]I never knew this...

"A popular misconception is that the Romans made use of a room called a vomitorium for the express purpose of vomiting between meals to make room for more food. Only a very small minority of the highest classes indulged in the practice of deliberately vomiting. A vomitorium is actually an entirely unrelated architectural feature – a passage situated below or behind a tier of seats in an amphitheatre, through which the crowds could "spew out" at the end of a show. [2]

Vomitoriums are still found in some theatres. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival, for instance, has vomitoriums in two of its theatres, the outdoor Elizabethan Stage and the Angus Bowmer Theatre. The voms, as they are called, allow actors to mount the stage from passageways cut into the amphitheatre."

www.wikipedia.com

Ok that is gross...

i have to admit that i felt sorry for her.
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

I feel so sorry for that girl , i hate how they lauph at her . they just dont know what its like i guess but i totally understand how she felt.

I've seen that before, poor girl. And if we think we don't get taken seriously for our phobia imagine having something as strange as that for a phobia.
    .•:*จจ*:•.Tracey.•:*จจ*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

xxsophiaxx, wow, that is gross!! thanks for the info. Those Romans had lots of "interesting" things going on back then![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]
    -Bridgette

Quote Originally Posted by mitch04133
    That just doesn't seem real to me...At first when she was in the pickle factory the way she reacted looked real, but then when she said he was a waitress..it looked like she couldn't keep herself from laughing....I don't know, but if it is real, putting here in a pickle factory is like putting us in a vomitorium...could you even imagine????

I agree, that really doesn't seem real neither, and I heard somewhere that people on those shows are paid a good amount of cash to portray an image of something they're not. But then again, it could be.

Personally, I'd rather have a pickle phobia then this... at least pickles are somewhat easier to avoid as opposed to sickness, flu's, germs, etc. Edited by: chemicalemotion

<center>
    </center>

I have no sympathy for people who go on talk shows and then are surprised when their fears get exploited and laughed at- hello! Maury does one of these shows every few months. If you called into the show and wanted to be a guest, you must have known what was going to happen.

It's kinda like when a woman drags the 18 men she slept with in for paternity tests and is surprised when none of them are the daddy.

*amber*

Oh my God that made me want to cry, she was so scared and they wouldn't leave her alone. Thats like they sent a load of people towards me v*ing in to bowls or something. Maury is a bastard, he needs someone to laugh at him next time he gets scared.

And Amber maybe she went on the show to raise awareness about it, like we try to do with emet sometimes. I know thats why I did the magazine interview.

x hanna x, that is what I was thinking,too. That would be horrible to do to us and lots of people would be laughing and others would be grossed out but not as horrified and traumatized as we get.</span>[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] I think it is real because I saw other guests on his show who feared pennies, mustard and birds reacted-they went absolutely nuts and that is good acting ( haha) and even Tyra Banks has shown and tried to confront her phobia of DOLPHINS-she was in tears and berserk when she was ready to do it and just couldn't! She was sobbing and needed to leave the area. In a way, it's a good thing to point out to make others not feel so alone. I definitely think these people need professional help ( as do I!). I don't think I would run away screaming if I saw v*(unless they were gonna dump buckets of it on me-sick I know,but I wouldn't take a chance with these shows!) but I know I would walk away fast, cover my mouth and get that anxiety, n* and lump in my throat ALL DAMN DAY.</span>
    -Bridgette