Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, so about a month ago my bf came down with this weird intestinal bug, and at one point i got really scared b/c he ran for the bathroom and i covered my ears. i thought he had v*ed so i asked him and he said no it was only diarrea.

but the other day he and i were talking and he told me that he had actually v*ed once that day. heexplainedthat he hadn't told me the truth because i was already starting to panic and he didn't want me to have a panic attack. at first i was so upset b/c he lied to me... but the more i thought about it, the more i think he did the right thing. b/c if i had known he v*ed i wouldn't have eaten for the rest of the week, but i thought it was only a diarea bug, which doesn't scare me.I also wouldn'thave gone anywhere near him, and i would havehad a HUGE panic attack. plus i never got sick, so there was no need for me to have worried right?

so.... maybe he did the right thing?? what do you guys think?

he and i talked (well he talked and i cried a lot) about it for about an hour, and in the end i realized that i feel a little bad for the poor guy because it must be pretty hard dealing with an emet.

Don't be mad. He was just trying to help, and I think if I were the non-emet and my boyfriend were the emet, I'd have done the same thing. Just have a talk with him, and tell him which you think would be best next time- whether to tell you or not if he were to v*.

Maybe you should tell him that he should be honest, though, because if you tell him to keep it from you, that's just going to make you panic more every time you think he might possibly be sick. Just a thought.

I agree. I wouldnt be mad but explain to him that it made you upset.

I always tell my boyfriend if hes drunk or has the (regular) flu and he does the deed theres not much reason to mention it to me, but that if hes really sick, to let me know so i can keep my distance if i want to.

think about it this way? not knowing helped you in a way. does it really matter that he threw up once? people react diff to bugs so that doesnt mean you would have

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Umm...I had this happen with my roomate once. She got really drunk, and the next morning she felt like crap. She kept saying it may have been a flu or something, but I blamed it on the drinking. She said she didn't throwup or anything....But then about a month later she told me she did! In the bathroom next to my room!!! UGH. I was mad at first...but then let it go.

I think its good. I would rather not know because then I wouldn't want to eat or go anywhere either. I always cover my ears and close my eyes tight.
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

I personally would rather not know when people vomit... maybe it's just me... but that makes me even more freaked out. At the same time I'm always and forever prying to see if someone puked when they said they were "sick" with something. So I guess I don't really give myself that option.

~Rachel

Aka: KentuckygalRaquel... for those of you who talked on the old forum

I have mixed feelings... I want to know so that I can protect myself. You're right that it would save undue panic, but if we know we can keep our distance. It's a vicious circle. I don't know.....

I have always told my husband to be honest with me, and not to keep anything from me to protect me. I would feel better knowing, because I get freaked from diarhea bugs too. True, I'd keep my distance and not eat, but at least I'm protecting myself.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11