Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

It is just our obsessing, or are stomach viruses more severe and more prevelent this yearnow than ever? Im also curious ifsv's areon a rise acrossthe us orif there at a same prevalency rate, ordropping in prevelency each year. Are wegoing to expect in the comming years more and more sv's...or do you think they'll be on a decline beause of awareness.

P.S. I have read from a clinical article, that enough research has been done on noroviruses now, and a vaccine is in the preliminary stages of being developed

Well that would be really cool if there was a vaccine for it. I would be first in line!! As for them getting worse I don't think so. I remember this question being asked last year too. They always seem to beworse when I am obsessing about it. And they don't seem worse when I am not obsessing. Anyway I hope you don't worry too much about it and you can enjoy this time of year. ~Brandi~

I've read a lot of science articles about it too (made a post about the vaccine thing too under treatments "Potential Hope for the distant future" or something to that effect...

Based on my reading, I think the majority of what's happening is that it's always been there, but people are more aware of it now and the testing is better so beore when someone had acute gastroenteritis and couldn't find a food source it went down as unknown, know they can find it. Also, since it hits cruise ships, etc,it's much more publicized than in the past. Also, and as an emet I really hate to say this, but it seems like people are kinda wimps now (just in general, if you have noro you'reNOT a wimp) and go to the doctor for a lot of things people didn't used to go in for, staying home instead. In which case it wasn't documented back then.

I think it's just my obsessing. Also, I would not get vaccinated. I don't really agree with vaccinations.
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"