Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pimples

has anyone had a stubborn pimple that will NOT go away?

Ive had one for almost 4 weeks and its showing no signs of leaving! I havent picked at it, or tried to pop it, or anything.

anyone have any tricks to get rid of a stubborn one?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I have the tendency of picking and luckily I never scarred. Do you wash your face everyday? When I was in highschool I had a time when I really broke out bad and I just started washing my face every morning and night. Also using a good moisturizer suitable for your skin type might work. If it doesn't work try a different kind of make up, it could also be causing a continuos build up.

Funny story about pimples. My husband was growing what looked like another head on his upper lip and I wanted to pop it. He wouldn't let me, and I could not stop look at that volcano on his face. That was yesterday, and this mornig I woke up and when I looked in the mirror....HELLO! I had a nice little pimple in the exact same spot!!! It was kind of eerie, lol!

Well, good luck with that stubborn pimple!
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Man, ever since my husband turned the water softener back on I have been breaking out really bad and on my back!! I feel like I am back to being a teenager again!! A product with benzoil peroxide (sp?) will usually help. I have been using proactive on my back and face and it is helping A LOT!! Also, a woman who did my facial last time told me to stop picking at my face and when you have a big zit to steralize a needle and pop it and squeeze gently with q-tips and then put hydrogen peroxide on it (it kills the bacteria). That has been working well on the big ones lately.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

A tab of tea tree oil works wonders for me!!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Rubbing alcohol and an cotton ball. Scrub the crap out of that sucker.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by silver
    Man, ever since my husband turned the water softener back on I have been breaking out really bad and on my back!! I feel like I am back to being a teenager again!! A product with benzoil peroxide (sp?) will usually help. I have been using proactive on my back and face and it is helping A LOT!! Also, a woman who did my facial last time told me to stop picking at my face and when you have a big zit to steralize a needle and pop it and squeeze gently with q-tips and then put hydrogen peroxide on it (it kills the bacteria). That has been working well on the big ones lately.

ouch!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlp
    Rubbing alcohol and an cotton ball. Scrub the crap out of that sucker.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

This works for me too. I always had tiny pimples on the side of my face and noticed that it was right were my glasses sit so I started using rubbing alcohol to clean my glasses and face and now I'm clear. Just be careful it mighht dry out your face too.
    ***Elvia***

my mom is a nurse for a dermatogolist... a few weeks ago, i had something similar... it was a cyst, not a pimple (although it looked just like one!!)... they injected it with antibiotic and, poof, it was gone!!

eww i hate pimples and i get them around that time of the month i usually use t-tree oil its great (smells kinda funky) but it works well.

Hi there!

I used to break out occasionally but since I started using Aveeno Clarifying astringent every day I have not had one pimple at all. It's amazing stuff! I ran out of it once and hadn't used it in a week or so, and lo and behold I started breaking out again! Ugh!

Now I make sure I use it every day and I'm acne-free. I only use it at night and it still works wonders. Goodness, I hate being 32 years old with pimples!

awesome! I'll try some of the suggestions.. Im starting to think either this is one crazy pimple or its something else, because Ive never had one last this long before.. ever!

~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Yeah tea tree oil is good or lavender essential oil (it smells better than tea tree!). I use something called WitchDoctor which is witch hazel in gel form when I get a spot and that pretty good. For some reason I have had a recent breakout on my chest - looks like I have measles![img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] And why do I always get a big corking spot the size of Alaska just for that big night out?!!! Thank goodness for cover up!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

What about for "bacne" I dont have it bad, just a few pimples here and there on my back but it's soooo annoying and I feel sooo gross! Any suggestions for that?!?