Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

...But now I'm too distracted and terrified to do so. Last thursday, a girl on my floor said she was sick and might v* at any second. I've been washing my hands like a madwoman since, but yesterday morning I had a nasty bout of diarrhea, and right now I feel kind of nauseated. I took some Pepto Bismol, and that seems to be helping a little, plus I can stand eating chocolate (when can I not?).

I hadeither astomach flu or food poisoning last year, and, miserable as it was, I never vomited. I just fought off the waves of nausea until my body gave up. I'm confident I can still do that, but I guess I need a pep talk...and I've got to finish these essays, because they're due today (don't ask). Wow...my legs are shaking.

Bad idea #1: Last night I took my usual doses of Lexapro and Amoxycillin and my newly-doubled dose of Lamictal. Earlier this morning I took my usual dose of Amoxycillin and my newly-doubled dose of Wellbutrin. Then I took two ibuprofen tablets to stop a headache, followed by a caffeine pill to counteract my lack of sleep. Surely there's an interaction somewhere.

Bad idea #2: I followed all this with extra-salty, extra-greasy tater tots and whole milk.

Bad idea #3: I procrastinated on these essays, and my nervousness over this is only adding to my nausea.

Get down to it! Finish your essays and that will distract you. If I know anything, it's that distraction is the best thing when you're feeling anxious. I had to write 5 papers last month and I was so worried about them (among other things) and now look it's December already and I'm writing my finals!

That does sound like a lot of meds....I'm not sure which would interact...perhaps don't take tylenol/ibuprophen or cafeine pills until you know you are safe!

Anywho, good luck on the essays, let me know how it goes!!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Once you get focused on your essays you'll probably forget about feeling sick.

Also your stomach issues...
    - Amoxicillin can cause diarrhea. Yogurt might help.
    - Caffine can irritate your stomach, and once the pills wear off you'll crash big time and have an even bigger headache then you alrady do.
    -Ibuprofin can also upset you especially if you take it on an empty stomach.

I just hadmore diarrhea...I'm having to pop two Pepto Bismols every half-hour to manage the nausea.

I'm also thinking itmight helpto lower the Wellbutrin dose and give my body more time to get used to the stuff before raising it again. I upped the Lamictal last night, so I can't blame it for what started yesterday morning.

OK, back to the essays...

(I hate how the font suddenly gets huge when you edit...)Edited by: juliet

Hang in there. It helps to talk it out. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Sounds like a meds induced bout of n*. Your Amoxycillian will cause d*. try taking some Asodolpholis (sp?). Its a pro-biotic supliment or eat some yogurt (not frozen, regular..with or without fruit). It will ballance you GI tract and make the d* go away which will also take you n* away too!