Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Probably too much lol. I was driving to school today and passed this older guy watering his yard and he looked up, smiled and waved to me. Not much but it was sweet! Anyhow reminded me of my grandfather which is what started my path of thought. He had angina for YEARS! Then my grandma got Alzheimers and he took care of her for the 12 years until she passed away (see why he's one of my heroes on my myspace?) a couple years later his angina started again and he had to have surgery in which he didn't make it. MY POINT (yes I have one I swear) is that in all that time he didn't have a single episode of angina ... because he had to care for HER, he couldn't focus on him. Have you noticed the same w/ emet? I have for me personally. If I am focused on someone else or completely emersed in an activity/project etc I forget emet, don't even think about v*. I've noticed alot of the emet Mommies say that when their kids are sick they forget emet, do what needs doing and then freak when it's over. I don't really know where I"m going w/ this, jsut thought it interesting. Guess idle time really is the devil's (or emet's) workshop!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Same with me. If I get really involved in a project or if I'm taking care of someone else, I have to put all of my thoughts and focus on the other things, and I forget completely about the emet. Unfortunately we can't be busy all the time...but for those times when I am busy I'm very thankful that for at least a little while, I can forget about this fear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anthing that distracts or occupies your mind..even if its for a moment is a great help.

Notice how in the post where sex is the topic..no one...I mean NO ONE is talking about or thinking about their emets at that time?

Hmmmmmmmm?

Yep, you're right. I especially notice that I forget my problems when one of my friends/family is having a problem. It takes the focus off me.

yeah i have noticed that! today i came home and was kind of freakin
    out as usual but there was a really sweet stray dog that was following
    my mom around all day and I immediatly stopped thinking about emets
    and spent an hour with him at the spca! its so true!
    ~viva~

Grandad's are the best aren't they? I miss mine terribly [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

When I feel a panic attack coming on I try and occupy myself with something,I know if I can concentrate my thoughts on something else it will pass and I'll be fine. I know I do most of my worrying at night too - cos when you are just laid there in the dark there is nothing to occupy you and your mind tends to go into overdrive.[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

.•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb