Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Fav Meals

So, some of us have some really good safe foods that we enjoy when we are having a bad time with emet, and I for one know what its like to end up eating roughly the same meals for a while for being scared of trying some new or catching something..

So, I was wondering if anyone would like to post up some of there fav safe foods or even there fav meals?

Let us know how to make it, sure we will like a good range of stuff [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Il start..

Potato Bake :-

Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat
    Boil up some mashing potatos
    Fry, boil, poach or steam your fav veg
    Cut up a tomato or two
    Some grated cheese
    Mixed herbs

then get a large bowl that can go under the grill, put a layer of mashed potatos at the bottom then the cooked veg in the middle, then the last layer of potatos, after that layer over tomatos (you dont need to use these I just like the flavour combination) take the grated cheese and put it over the tomatos so it covers them all, finish off with some mixed herbs for a boost in flavour and put it under the grill until its lightly crispy and its done ready to serve..

Anyone got any other good ones?

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mmmm... Ok here is mine Roasted potatoes with brocolli and cheese sauce and some sauteed spinach

Roasted potatoes- yukon gold ( yellow fleshed potatoes ) about 6

peel, and cut into slices about 1/2 to quarter of an inch put in raosting pan with about 4 tables spoons of crisco oil ( or vegetable oil ) with garlic powder and steak spice ( no meat in it for us veggies )

put in the oven ( 400 degress ) for about 45 minutes, stirring eevry 15 to 20 minutes

Steam brocolli for about 10 minutes, cheese sauce-

4 cups of milk roughly, maybe 3 any cheese ( a few slices of cheddar, or a coupel tablespoons of cheese whiz, or 2-3 slices of kraft singles ) 2 tables spoons of margarine or butter and about 3 tables spoons of flour. Stir over heat mixing constantly until thickens...if it is too thik add abit more milk

Spinach, easy as pie, get some pinach ( not baby if possible ) wash well, put in frying pan with about atablespoon of margarine or butter and fry for 1- 2 minutes until wilted, soooooooo good... all this together the cheese sauce is good on the potatoes as well, or gravy so good guys really...

This is a pretty tough recipe but well worth it.

Revome hot pocket from plastic sleeve

Put in cardboard warming sleeve

Place on microwave safe plate

Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    \"Don\'t mistake innocence for ignorance. Don\'t mistake purity for inexperience. Don\'t mistake humility for weakness.\"

Quote Originally Posted by new.slang

This is a pretty tough recipe but well worth it.

Revome hot pocket from plastic sleeve

Put in cardboard warming sleeve

Place on microwave safe plate

Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oven-baked Fried Chicken

fresh chicken breasts

crushed corn flakes

one egg

vegetable oil

sea salt and cracked black peppercorn

Stir up the egg and dip the chicken in it...after it is covered, roll the chicken in the crushed corn flakes, coating them well. Transfer chicken to an oven-safe dish and wash the fu%! outta your hands. Drizzle with a bit of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Pop them in the oven. Bake at 425 for about an hour and a half. Cut into and check for proper color and dryness. Put it on a plate with mashed potatoes and cornbread. Eat up and enjoy!
    Be Here Now

OK this is my recipe for the best Mac and Cheese

Macaroni

Butter

Evaporated Milk

Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cream Cheese

Velveeta(sp)

Sour Cream

Salt and Pepper

I would give measurments but unfortunately I don't use measurments when I cook. This is my signiture recipe and it is loved by all races of people. Everytime I go somewhere people request it. I've been told by many that it's the best. "Toot toot"[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Baked Cavatelli...the way my daddy taught me!!!

2 Cans tomato puree
    3 small cans tomato paste
    3-4 cups skim mozzarella cheese
    2-3 packages frozen cavatelli
    1 package pre-cooked swedish meatballs
    Kraft parmesan cheese (the kind you shake out of the can)
    Salt, pepper, oregano, sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder(all spices to taste)

Mix the tomato puree and tomato paste inside of a medium-large pot. Using the three smaller cans, fill with water 3 times and mix with the tomato puree/paste. Mix until smooth. Turn stove on medium heat and cover the pot with a splatter screen (or cover if you don't have a splatter screen). Once the sauce warms up, start adding your spices. Small amounts of salt, pepper and oregano. One teaspoon of sugar to cut down the acidity of the tomatoes in the sauce. Add just enough cayenne pepper to give it a kick. Add as much garlic/onion powder as you like, be sure to test it after you stir it in! You'll be able to tell what you need more of. After adding your spices, mix in about 1/3-1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese. Trust me, it makes the sauce absolutely wonderful. Cover the sauce back up and turn the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 2 hours. (yes, this one takes some time, but it's well worth it!) Make sure you stir it every so often to keep it from burning to the bottom of the pot! As it heats up, keep testing it to see if you need any more of the afore-metioned spices. Add as you see fit.

About an hour afterwards, get out the bag of swedish meatballs. Preheat the oven to the temperature specified on the bag. Get a large cookie sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Place as many meatballs on the sheet as you can fit and bake them for the amount of time noted on the package. Once those are done, let them sit outside of the oven for 3-4 minutes, then put them all into the sauce, and mix them in well.

When the sauce is about an hour and a half through,turnthe oven to 425 degrees. Fill a large pot a little more than halfway with hot water. Add a pinch of salt to the water to speed up the boiling. Turn the heat on high and wait until the water comes to a rolling boil. Once it boils, turn the heat down to medium and dump in the frozen cavatelli. Keep stirring until the pasta is al-dente (firm to the bite). Once that's done, drain the water from the pot and keep the cavatelli in the strainer.

Find a large rectangular baking dish. Shake all the excess water from the pasta and dump it into the dish. Using a ladle, scoop the sauce and meatballs from the pot on top of the cavatelli, making sure every inch of the top is covered. Store any extra sauce in tupperware containers or freeze it to use later (up to a month). Add liberal amounts of mozzarella cheese, again, until the entire top is covered, or as much as you can cover. Pop the dish in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and golden-brown on top.

Serve it up with some breadsticks or garlic bread and there you go! If you wish to make a side salad also, that adds a great touch to the meal!

Me and the fiancee have had this so many times and I haven't failed him yet!

Quote Originally Posted by tree1211

OK this is my recipe for the best Mac and Cheese

Macaroni

Butter

Evaporated Milk

Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Cream Cheese

Velveeta(sp)

Sour Cream

Salt and Pepper

I would give measurments but unfortunately I don't use measurments when I cook. This is my signiture recipe and it is loved by all races of people. Everytime I go somewhere people request it. I've been told by many that it's the best. "Toot toot"[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

OMG I am going to make this.

I have been having a love affair with macaroni and cheese for many years...I have my own recipe but it doesn't have cream cheese in it...I can't wait to make yours!!!

Do you bake it or is this over the stove?

Kasey

Once I mix everything together I bake it in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. When it only has a few minutes left I put shredded cheddar on top and let that melt. It is really good but it is very fattening.