Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

One of my coworkers was talking about another co-worker who is in today but is apparently sick. He didn't know what was wrong with her. I had to talk to someone who sits near her, so I asked her while I was there (as we emets do). She said it was a combination head-cold, stomach flu thing. I guess she was here yesterday and left about 2 because she didn't feel good, went home and the stomach stuff hit her out of nowhere. Today she said she is achy and still doesn't feel right. Kind of n*, but ate soup at lunch.

So there are two reasons I'm nervous. Number 1, she has brought me faxes all day and not knowing she was sick, I doubt I was as careful as I would want to be in touching my face and stuff. Number 2, I haven't felt well all day. I have chalked it up to "female problems" and also thought that maybe I was getting a head cold. When I was talking to her, I told her that I was feeling kind of bad too and explained how I feel right now. She told me that was exactly how hers started then it just hit her. So now I'm scared maybe I already have what she has. I used the restrrom here at work yesterday and today (which I hate doing!). I am so nervous. I hope I'm not already getting/don't get any of the "stuff" going around here. I haven't been eating or sleeping well lately, so my immune system is probably down. I'm so scared!

hey sillygirl,

First off I don't think there is any sv/cold virus. So she MUSt have both sv, and cold but caught them at different times, and it just so happened to hit around the same time. It sounds to me like your coming down with a cold, not an sv Please try andremain calm, most people don't catch the sv, let alone people who wash their hands often and sometimes touch their face ( bite nails, weat food etc ) and then there is us emets, who are generally really really careful ( it is ok if you werent as careful as you thought you should be due to sv around ) I think your ok, try and remain calm and breath! Are you feeling any better?

I feel a little better than this morning. I only ate a Butterfinger today and I did use hand sanitizer before I ate it (plus I only touched the wrapper). Most of the time when I touched my face I used a Kleenex, but I have caught myself being bad lately about resting my chin/cheek on my hand. At the moment I feel kind of hungry, so hopefully that is a good sign. Now I just have to wait during the worry period . . .

Well, I'm feeling better today, but the girl that was sick said her stomach still is bad. She said she feels better about the cold symptoms, but her stomach is still really upset. Then why are you here?? GO HOME!! We get a lot of paid time off here, so that excuse doesn't work.