Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Drug Biaxin...

Has anyone ever taken this anitibiotic before?? I never have, and I wasn't too nervous to take it cause my mom was on it for her pnenomia, and I was prescribed it for the same. Well I took the pill around 7pm, and when I went to bed at 1130pm, I felt fine. Usully if it was going to upset my stomach it would of by then. Well, at 130am I woke up with a horrible nasty metallic taste in my mouth, and I was having a vivid dream. I am now scared it is going to make me sick!! I really don't feel sick, but I usually don't react to antibiotics.

I also looked this drug up online, and having a metallic taste, and vivid dreams are a common side effect, but I can't sleep a wink now!! It is a really strong drug, and most people say it knocks the infection right out, but I am going to Vegas tomorrow, and I don't want to feel like this when I am there...What should I do??

Yeah, that drug is pretty hardcore and works incredibly well too. If it does anything with your stomach it's because you don't have enough food in it. I got some D* when I didn't take it with a meal, didnt really make me n* or anything. I know it's hard to convince yourself to eat if it does that, but I would up really upping my food intake with that one and then I was fine.Otherwise it ROCKED! I had such a bad infection and literally started feeling a lot better after only 2 doses. Plus, usually if stuff throws your stomach it does it in the first few doses.

My Public Service Announcment:

*disclaimer...blah blah...always finish the entire course of your antibiotic treatment so you don't make super bugs that are resistant* lol (potential future doctor... ;-)Edited by: stormchaser97

Did you get the metallic aftertaste??

It was a really long time ago when I took it, like 10yrs. But I do recall something about an after taste.

The aftertaste is killin me...but I can tell its already working...I have been coughing up stuff from my lungs that has been stuck there for about a month. Maybe I will just stick with the drug and hope the side effects go away. It's definetly not affectin my stomach, since I've been up I had a yogart, ice cream sandwich, orange juice and a coke...all in the past couple hours, not to mention its only 4am...but no matter what I eat I can't get rid of the stupid after taste.

Anyone else had any experience with this drug?

I've got another med with the aftertaste prob. and drinking lots of water helps quite a bit. The drier your mouth gets the stronger the taste is.

Hi Mitch, I took Biaxin and OMG!!! I had that awful taste and wicked d***. I had to get off it because I was also getting n* from it. After only 2 doses, I started to feel n**. Thank God for compazine, my anti emetic. So just be careful!! I am sticking to amoxicillin and zithromax from now on.</font>

Thanks andee...I can't stand the aftertaste, and it just makes me feel so weird, that I stopped taking it, and I am going to call my doctor in the morning to prescribe me somthing else. I don't want to be in Vegas this weekend feeling totally aweful.