Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Okay so tonight I ordered Chinese food from a place that I've eatin it from before, it's the same resturant just under new management and a new name. Anyway I gout the same thing I always get, pork fried rice, and crab rangoon. I ate some of the crab rangoon in the car and gave some to my dad. Then I got home and gave one to my mom. She ate it and went about her business. Then just as I was finishing my 4th piece of crab rangoon she looks at me and says, "Did that crab stuff taste weird to you?" I started to freak out, I mean it tasted like it normally tasted (from when I used to order it before) I didn't really notice a difference in taste or texture but my mom had to freak me the hell out wit that question. So I got really paranoid and told her that it tastes the same as it always did but I told her I was freaking out and she's like, "Why I ate one too" and I was like, "Yeah but I ate FOUR" Anyway am I just overreacting? I swear up and down that it tasted normal but she had to go and freak me out! What do you guys think?

~Monica

PS: My Emet has been pretty good these past few months and I'm just pissed that something as stupid as this can set me back so far!
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Anyone out there? *Cries*

Hang in there and give it some time. As long as no one else is feeling ill, you should be fine.

I always have that issue when I do take out or delivery, but just try and stay calm, sip on a ginger ale and relax. You should be fine. Maybe your mom had something else that threw her taste buds off[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Yes, You are just overreacting...which I would do also...I do it everyday and I am doing it right now.

Does your Mom eat there often? Does your Mom eat the crab rangoon often? Perhaps she just isn't used to their recipe or perhaps she had something to eat BEFORE she ate the crab and her taste buds were off.

Did it taste fine to your Dad?

I really, REALLY, wouldn't worry at all...I am sure you are fine. Try to relax.

I think that was the first time my mom ate anything from that resturant LoL. I told her not to say stuff to that like me because she knows about my Emet and she called me crazy and I said I'm not crazy that's just how I am. And she was like, "Well you are acting crazy....that's what Emetophobia is, crazy" and she says that NO one gets food poisoning from take out food....really that's what she said! She really gets on my nerves sometimes. Thanks guys though, right now I'm doing a little better I'm sipping some rootbeer and watching South Park. I Don't feel sick but I'm still panicking a little.

~Monica

Well we know the answer...She doesn't eat out and certainly hasn't had that before...You are fine dear, just enjoy your drink and show and get some good rest tonight...be lazy[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

If you need anything else, I'm online.