Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi, i am new here. i just found this site 2 days ago and am so surprised that there are others out there that are like me. i am so terrified at the thought of v* that i obsess over it, esp. this time of year. my son v* yesterday afternoon. i was not here, my mom was with him, but the germs are still in my house. i sprayed lysol everywhere and disinfected everything, but i am still scared. i have a prescription for promethazine, but don't know if this works for sv*??? please say it does. i know it is usually 24-48 hrs for sv* to occur, but i think i will be scared for about a week. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks and i'm so glad i found you all!

Promethazine works quite well with sv* infact I use to use it. I use OTC Dramamine and I think it works just as well...at least for me!

Both are good preventatives as well as controlling after v* starts (if you have a hard time holding things down it might be a little tricky).

Hope you stay well and that your son is feeling better.

BTW - ALWAYS follow lable instructions and seek the advice of a Dr. or Pharmasist when or if in doubt.

thanks! i've been taking it and i am hoping it works. it makes me tired, but who cares!!! my son seems to be doing better, time will tell...

Well the germs are not airboure, so as long as you wash your hands and dont touch your face, eyes, nose or mouth you should be fine. Also lysole doesn't kill the sv* only bleach does. So I suggest you use bleach..but dont freak you are really okay..and its a low risk. Stay healthy!
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i THINK LYSOL KILLS THE REGULAR OL' SV.......IF YOU READ THE BACK OF THE CAN ROTOVIRUS IS RIGHT ON THERE AND IT IS THE MAJOR SOURCE OF THE STOMACH BUG I LIVE AND DIE WITH MY LYSOL AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. DRAMAMINE WORKS GREAT WITH ME TOO!!
    You MUST do the thing you fear the most- E. Roosevelt