Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok I have never taken multivitamins or supplements so I am wondering how they all make you feel?

I bought "Women's 1 a day and Vitamin C (500 mg) tablets. If I take these daily will I feel better all around?? I don't know...I guess I think I need to get the proper vitamins for once in my life.....any thoughts?
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

So long as you don't have some existing vitamin deficiency, you really won't notice a difference. Think of it more like preventative maintenance. You don't change the oil in your car after it breaks, you change the oil to keep it from breaking.

I've been taking a multi-vitamin every day for the past 7 years or so, and only do so because I know I don't eat right, and figure this is better than nothing. I know it's cheating, but I'm too lazy to worry about eating properly.

Edited by: Bunk
    .::Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood::.

I am too scared to take vitamins because I am afraid they will make me v*.

I desperately need them because I am so unhealthy...I smoke, barely eat, drink too many cokes and love carbs. How in the hell do I only weigh 115 pounds?

Let me know what you think about the vitamins because The Don is worried about me and I think he is going to spike my drink with them.

I am always afraid vitamins will me make have d*....I just took a Vitamin C tablet.....if you hear nothing about it from me I lived! LMAO!

I take a multivitamin, 6 acidolphilus pills and 1mg of folic acid a day and I have never felt sick.

Oh dang, I need to reconsider my fear then...I am seriously in trouble because of my health and need vitamins...I just don't want to be burping vitamin all day...and I don't want to feel n* or v*.

Keep in mind that I don't take anyting...nothing...no tylenol, nothing...never ever. My body isn't used to medicines and every antibiotic I have ever taken has made me v*...of course that was years ago, but still...I am scared of taking anything.

I also take a multi every day, acidophilus once in a while, and just recently started B-complex and garlic, but I alternate everything because sometimes I get constipated from them. Reconsider vitamins, esp. if your diet isn't the greatest. It will help keep your immunity up and if you take with food, you won't feel n** at all....</font>

I agree, Kasey, I am always afraid to take them. I have some multi-vitamins, though. I'll try if you do??
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Quote Originally Posted by harmonygirl72
    I agree, Kasey, I am always afraid to take them. I have some multi-vitamins, though. I'll try if you do??

Ok but let's not do it today. I am feeling stressed...But let's do it together...

When and what brand did you get?

I'm excited.

I take a kind of expensive brand called USANA http://products.usana.com/en/product...tials/what_ess entials.shtml
    They are made from really pure ingredients, so they are a lot gentler on your stomach. I have been taking them for over a year, and havent had any tummy trouble from them. My doctor reccomended them to me for that reason. I have trouble (like you) with taking any meds, so I was nervous. But they do run $50 something for the essentials pack. That is a multivitamin and a chealated mineral supplement. Just a thought.

--Kim

I have One a Day Weight Smart....but, you wouldn't need the weight smart thing! I am just trying to lose weight! Let me know when you want to start! :-)

I have One a Day Weight Smart....but, you wouldn't need the weight smart thing! I am just trying to lose weight! Let me know when you want to start! :-)

HA, well thank you about the weight loss thing. OK I am going tonight to get some Vitamins...How about tomorrow? After you take yours, post a thread...If I take mine first, I will post a thread.

I will come back to this one tonight and tell you what I bought.

Good luck friend...I think we will be alright...

I have been taking my Women's 1 a day at noon and my Vitamin C (500mg) at like 6 or 7 pm these last 2 days....no constipation, n* nothing....you ladies will be ok! I PROMISE!! let us know how it goes!

I take 1 pill of multivitamins, 2 pills of Shark oil, 1 pill of vitamin C and 1 acidophilus pill everyday[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]
    You only live once

Everyone: Don't be afraid of taking vitamins! As long as you take them with food, they won't bother you. I take a prenatal vitamin (when I actually remember) because it is supposed to be good for breastfeeding women too (which I am). I figure with my erratic diet, a prenatal with all it's extras is a good thing. Those have a bad reputation for tummy upset b/c of all the iron and stuff, and they never bother me.
    Maybe we need a "Did you remember to take your vitamin today?" thread.

I punked out.

I didn't buy vitamins...I got to Publix and stared at them...I left empty handed.

Oh let me ask ya'll this, A few years ago I was severly anemic...I had to take prescription Iron pills and they were 100 mg...very potent...Anyways I was petrified because of the stigma that Iron pills make you feel sick...Well they didn't bother me at all...Just made me feel better...So that gives me a little hope that vitamins are ok, right?

OK, I promise that I will at least purchase some today. Pinky swear.

Well if you can take iron pills and be ok, you'll be ok with vitamins. I was horribly sick with iron pills, but I take a multi vitamin from GNC, and nothing. My pee is neon green, but i actually feel really good when I take them. I also take cranberry supplements. I make my kids take gummy bear vitamins, probiotics, vitamin c, and cranberry. They've even taken it on an empty stomach and nothing. I think if you eat something and then take one you won't even notice a thing. Good on ya for wanting to get healthy! Janna

I have such a bad cold, I totally should have been taking my vitamins! Mine are there and I will take one when you do, Kasey! :-)

I also don't take vitamins, mostly because it is hard to find a
    multivitamin without iron. Iron is terrible for tummies!
    The last time my husband and I took a multivitamin, he began noticing
    feeling strange even before I did. We stopped taking them right
    after. I think many multivitamins also "overdose" on some of the
    ones that shouldn't be taken in large amounts.

I have such a bad cold, I totally should have been taking my vitamins! Mine are there and I will take one when you do, Kasey! :-)

Dang, I am sick too and feel very bad...Cold type stuff.

*sigh*

I am going today or tonight to buy them and I promise I will let you know.

Hope you feel better[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

You too! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by kasey

I punked out.

I didn't buy vitamins...I got to Publix and stared at them...I left empty handed.

Oh let me ask ya'll this, A few years ago I was severly anemic...I had to take prescription Iron pills and they were 100 mg...very potent...Anyways I was petrified because of the stigma that Iron pills make you feel sick...Well they didn't bother me at all...Just made me feel better...So that gives me a little hope that vitamins are ok, right?

Kasey, you are a mess!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Now you know I would NOT lie to you. When I was pregnant I took prenatal vitamins and I was fine.(JUST DON'T TAKE THEM ON AN EMPTY STOMACH)

Last year I was anemic and I had to take iron and a good multivitamin and I did great. No n* no v*, I swear it. You can do it. Not only will you feel better if you are deficient some how, but it really helps give that ol immune system a boost too. I have heard of some people feeling a little n* from taking them so that was a concern for me, so I spoke to the doctor and the reps at GNC and they told me to eat a little something before I took them, or take them at night after dinner, and I've been taking them ever since. No problem!!

I know how you feel trust me, so if I can do it "ANYBODY CAN" trust. Whenever I go to the doctor and they give me a prescription for something, you knooowww the first thing I do is read the "POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS", IF V* is ANYWHERE up in there I am not taking it. I just get over it as best I can. You feeling me???

Quote Originally Posted by tree1211
    Quote Originally Posted by kasey

I punked out.

Kasey, you are a mess!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Now you know I would NOT lie to you. When I was pregnant I took prenatal vitamins and I was fine.(JUST DON'T TAKE THEM ON AN EMPTY STOMACH)

Last year I was anemic and I had to take iron and a good multivitamin and I did great. No n* no v*, I swear it. You can do it. Not only will you feel better if you are deficient some how, but it really helps give that ol immune system a boost too. I have heard of some people feeling a little n* from taking them so that was a concern for me, so I spoke to the doctor and the reps at GNC and they told me to eat a little something before I took them, or take them at night after dinner, and I've been taking them ever since. No problem!!

I know how you feel trust me, so if I can do it "ANYBODY CAN" trust. Whenever I go to the doctor and they give me a prescription for something, you knooowww the first thing I do is read the "POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS", IF V* is ANYWHERE up in there I am not taking it. I just get over it as best I can. You feeling me???

You are so good to me and yes, I trust you very much...I hated taking the Iron pill for the first time because all you hear is "They made me soooooooo sick"...shut up people...Why do people have to talk about their ailments all thetime? Anyways, I am going to buy some and I will take them in all my Emet friends honor..I will toast my vitamins to you guys because ya'll are great!

Trina...I am certainly going to need your advice, encouragement and reassurancesooner rather than later...Not anytime in the next couple months but in the next year...my clock is ticking if you know what I mean...And I am getting married in May...

I swear, my future kid better not v* or else...kidding...sort of.

Kasey don't even worry about that, you know I got your back, anytime anywhere.

I know that we are both in the same boat, and trust me I survived both pregnancies with no v*. (THANK GOODNESS) I just followed my instincts. I made sure that I ate small meals to keep the n* to a minimum, andI kept Ginger beer (Jamacain soda, really strong) it really helps n*, I always took my vitamins with food and I was fine. Oh and I kept salted pretzels around too, they really worked.

When my kids get sick, I have had my sleepness nights, and my moments when I zapped completely out, but I got through it with support. And you will to, because I am here for you. You are going to be a great mom. I just know it.

If you ask my kids what type of mother I am, they tell everyone all the time how much they adore me, and that makes me feel good because I know that I am not there to hold their hands when the are v*ing, but I am there and then some for each and everything else, and I never ever break my promises. So it is doable (is that a word?)

I got you kiddo!!![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

Kasey, we can help each other! We can start with vitamins and getting over these damn colds, then we get married within months of each other! My clock is ticking, too, so maybe we'll even be pregnant together!!

Mary

Kasey, we can help each other! We can start with vitamins and getting over these damn colds, then we get married within months of each other! My clock is ticking, too, so maybe we'll even be pregnant together!!

Mary

YESSSSSSSSS!

I was driving down the road earlier and thinking "Gosh I want to get pregant"..."I wish I was already married"...It's weird the clock ticking...It's true what they say about it...I never felt this before and then BAM it hit me...It's a desire for nurturing or something.

How is your cold? Mine is still with me...

Vitamins haven't happened yet because I feel too sick to take them...

When is your Wedding date again?

Damnit, I wish you lived closer.

I can hear my clock ticking louder and louder these days too.....even though my relationship is on the rocks, I look around and all my girlfriends are pregnant or just had a baby or they are getting enganged or just got married....*sigh*.....tick tock tick tock....maybe it's an imaginary clock cause everyone around me has what I want! LOL [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

It's weird how it starts ticking...

I didn't think I wanted kids...I turn 28 and OMG I can't wait...I also sorta want to get pregnant now so I can face being sick everyday for a couple months...perhaps that would cure me.

The second The Don and me get married, We are trying to get pregnant. I always worry that something will happen and we won't have success...oh well.

Let's all get pregnant together and hopefully raise NON Emet babies

My cold is still annoying me to no end! Grrr!

My wedding date is 7-7-07! We are planning to start trying a year after the wedding, so summer of '08..are you in? ;-)

Let me know when the vitamins start!

Mary

My cold is still annoying me to no end! Grrr!

My wedding date is 7-7-07! We are planning to start trying a year after the wedding, so summer of '08..are you in? ;-)

Let me know when the vitamins start!

Mary

Oh man...My wedding is 5-12-07...I don't know if I can wait till Summer 08...How about this, I get pregnant before you and tell you how awful it is???