Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

This may be an incredibly dumb question but-

is it possible to catch a virus from your pet( cat or dog)

For Example-

I have a lovely cat and after its does its business and maybe some of his businessis left in his claws, he scratches me .. could i catch anything from him?

or can I be sick with something and my cat get it?

how does the animal via person thing work?

OK...I don't know the truth but I know what my Vet told me.

A couple years ago my dog got gastroenteritis. I was freaking out and asked my Vet if I could catch it...He told me "Possible, NOT likely"..."Just wash your hands and don't eat it"...Now I am no doctor but I am just telling you what my Vet told me...He could be full of sh** and incompetent, I don't know.

With that said, don't freak out...My dog was literally v* every 5 minutes and having d* at the same time...This went on for a full day...I had to clean it all up myself...He even had to get a fluid sack put in his body, on his back, to rehydrate him. I wasn't even that careful about washing my hands and I still kissedhis face...so don't worry at all. Just wash your hands and you will be fine!

Let me say this also, I am not trying to scare anyone...I just will never lie and tell people what they want to hear...I am keepin it real.

haha thanks =)