Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: MADE - mtv

Hi all, (might be a wee bit graphic but i always try not to make it too bad)

I thought i'd put this in here as it's a sort of triumph for me. A couple of days ago i was watching MADE on mtv. Some geeky guy was wanting to become his schools prom king or summit. Anyways, he went through all this stuff to "improve" himself and one of these was an intensive work out session. Anyway, just before the break the "still to come" bit came up and it was of the guy saying i'm going through up i'm going through up and an image of him doing so (sound an all!) it was from behind and you could see through his legs if you get me. So ok, i was feeling ok, just had a surge of addrenaline because i wasn't expecting it and it would have been alot worse if i'd seen it from him mouth. So i had a choice, i could turn it off before it came back on or i could keep it on and just try to face it normally (at least i knew what happened) So i decided to keep it on, was a bit anxious but when it happened i had the remote poised in my hand and just when it happened again i switched the channel and then switched back and they where replaying it over and over. I wasn't too bad, wee bit shaky but seen as the last time i saw v* on tv i ran upstairs having a panic attack i think i did quite well, i didn't push myself either, it just felt like summit i needed to go through. And then i forgot about it for the rest of the day.

I think you did great!! Good for you for watching it---definitely a big step in the right direction!

I get kind of nervous with those reality shows of any kind---you never know when you'll be ambushed by v*. Movies and TV shows don't bother me in the slightest, but anything actually real makes me freak out. Goodness, even Americas Funniest Home Videos isn't safe anymore!

I know, i'm usually the same but i was on my own in the room so i had no one else watching me to see if i was ok, i had control over the remote, it's different when dads got the remote and he still insists on watching stuff. I don't watch those home videos cause i'm always waiting for one of those scenes to jump out. It's all a control thing. Still couldn't watch that Nike advert again though, yuck, that was bad coz it was from the mouth and full blown. It's all about taking small steps that you feel comfortable with.

I saw that too! Nice job! =]

i love the show MADE =0]