Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I want to extend a thank you to all of you out there who write on this site. I did not realize until about a half hour ago that the fear that has plagued me formy whole lifehas a name! I've been through counseling three times, and none of the counselors mentioned that I have emetophobia. It feels so good to know that there are others out there like me.

I found this site while researching the shelf life for phenergan b/c my husband of 9 years just threw up, and I was having a panic attack. Now I'm procrastinating going to bed b/c I'm afraid he has a virus, and I don't want to catch it. I think I'll sleep in the guest bed tonight. But then I'll feel guilty. What if he needs me? But he knows how panicky I am. If I get in bed with him right now, I'll keep him awake with the bed shaking.

I have a five year old daughter and then had a terrible experience with a subsequent pregnancy that I miscarried; the nausea was 24/7 and was so severe that I could not even sleep for at least 2 weeks; of course each wave of nausea set off a tremendous panic attack, and I couldn't eat because I was afraid I'd throw up. No medication was working, and I was hospitalized because I lost so much weight. So basically I underwent a month-long panic attack and then had a miscarriage. I was ill when pregnant with my daughter but controlled it with phenergan.

I also get panic attacks when my daughter gets sick or when any of my friends gets sick, or their children, etc. And I don't want to eat when my family has been sick because I'm afraid I will v*, too. I am very fearful of taking medications because so many of them make me nauseous. I can't tell you how releasing it is to know that there are others out there that God made who share the same thoughts that I share.

I have a normal life and normal eating habits as long as we are all healthy with no v* or nausea. I am a Christian, and I know that even if I am not cured in this life, I will not have to deal with this thorn in my side in the next. And I draw on my faith to get me through panic attacks.

Nowthat I have a name, I can research emetophobia to see what kinds of treatments are available. Maybe I will be able tobe braveenough to have another child someday!

Thank You!

I am still new here myself but I extend a warm welcome. I look forward to hearing more about you. I think that you will find that just knowing that there are others helps.

Best wishes and prayers to you[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you\'ve never been hurt and live like it\'s heaven on Earth.

Yea, welcome to the site! Why don't you sleep in your husband's bedtonight, if he's not feeling great he will be grateful that you're there and I'm sure he'll understand if you have to leave. He's not going to be s* within sight of you, as he's a grown man and he'll get himself to the bathroom if he has to. Besides it might have been a one off, and he'll be fine. The odds of it being a virus are very low. Best of Luck! Don't be [img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]and have a good you'll be [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Shiney -

Welcome to the site.

You will find LOTS of people who understand exactly what you are going through. There are treatments out there and you will see posts about them all the time.

We have someone on the site who has been cured of this phobia and I'm sure she will be able to give you some tips. Her name is Sage and she has helped me a lot.

I only found out about this place about a month ago and I too was surprised to know it had a name and that other people actually suffer from this also. I'm sorry other people feel like I do, but it helps to know that people understand.
    Debbie

heya, welcome to our family

i can relate to ur feeling when you realise that ur not just "wierd" there are a load of people who are going thru what u are.

anyway, hope to see ya around, this site is THE BEST iv ever been to, everyone is so lovely here, and i think u'll love it

Jen xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.