Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hey @ all!

I am so excited, in the german emetophobia-forum was started an new emet-study!

Your participation is desired!

An other german emet send me this text:
    <DIR>

Hi there,

well I just wanted to share one of our biggest successes in german

emet-history with you The University of Regensburg recently started the first emet-study in Germany.Cooperating with our Online-Community they created an online-questionnaire and want to find out about the differences between classical eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia etc.) and emetophobia/fear of vomiting. The results will be presented on a national congress for psychosomatic medicine in Spring 2005. That's really great for us, since this might revolutionize emet therapies here.Unfortunately the questionnaire is in german, but perhaps there are some people from switzerland, austria oder germany here on the list?Or perhaps somebody from another country speaking and understanding german? If yes, visit our website ( http://www.emetophobie.de) and participate in this study! We also have a special forum for this !!!http://www.emetophobie.de/laberecke/viewforum.php?f=23 , if anybody wants to he/she is always welcome to start an english thread there of course. The medical leader of the study ( Dr. Peter Leiberich) is also available via this forum.</DIR>
    Vergangenheit ist es erst, wenn es nicht mehr weh tut!

Ohhhhh why can't that site be in English? Is there any way that if you contacted the site that they could publish the questionnaire in English? They'd also have a broader range of answers then??

I wish I could speak German now!
    <font size=\"2\"><font color=BLUE>Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Carolinexx</font></font>

ich pich mich stish
    i wish i was german right about now

I'l have a go at translating it, although it may not be perfect I can type the general gyst of it. It will take me a while but I'l see if I can have it up on the next few days. Its all good practise for my gcse's anyway!

I'm not sure where to answer thisstudy thing of joim it. Could you tell me how to get to it?

damn my inability to speak german. at all.

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am so sorry, unfortunately at the moment itīs only possible in german. Maybe later in english, I donīt know really! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

but if there any questions, you start an english thread in the german forum, too.

Link: in my first posting in THIS thread (above)

go izzy! *cheers* do it for all of us non-german speaking emet people! my school doesnt even teach german....its spainish or french and thats it!
    ..:.*Natalie*.:..

\"My strength is in my honosty\"~Fiona Apple

Hallo Sun666

ich bin Englanderin aber kann deutsch. ich habe das gerade ausgefuellt und war richtig erstaunt, denn ich habe nie etwas aehnliches gesehen. Ich bin ganz neugierig ueber den Folgen. Als ich in Deutschland gewohnt habe, wusste niemand ueber solche Phobien usw.

Hey Guys - i was just saying that i filled in the questionairre and that it was really really interesting - i wish so much that someone would do something like this in the UK! or English speaking world as well - this is such a huge thing - how can it still be unheard of...?

thx,
    emma xx

Hey emma!

Thank you very much for your participation in the questionnaire. That is really great!

Your German is really excellent! Where and when did you live in Germany?

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

i studied German at uni in Southampton for four years. As part of my course i had to spend a year in Germany in 2002. I went to Greifswald - north east coast. I have to say that it is the hardest thing i have ever had to do and a time when the Emet was at its worst. I had to share a room in the Wohnheim (halls) and that was hell! I didnt eat anything but bread and 'Streuselschnecken' (cake/buns) while i was there. But despite this, i did have an excellent time and looking back on the experience, it shows me how strong i have become now! I would spend most days in the Rechenzentrum (it dept) online chatting to guys on the site here. This place helped me so so much while i was there - it was like my saviour. since being home tho, things are much better.

I actually went to Greifswald in June this year to visit some friends there. it was great!

anyways, i better get on with my work - i work for a software company selling to the German speaking territories - its great coz i get to speak German everyday.

speak soon
    lov ems x

altavista has a good translating tool, it should work enough for everyone to be able to complete the thing..I'm gonna give it a try.

anyone else wants to try, just go to www.altavista.com and find their language translation thing on the front page, then give ti a go.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.

hah, I can't get past the damn registration. The translator isn't working well enough. I'm sure it would work fine for the actual survey, but some of this stuff in the information they want I have no clue. I even put in dummy information but it keeps telling me I forgot to enter something. go figure.
    what a horrible night to have a curse.