Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My stomach has been awful for about a week. Loud gurgling, bloating, n*. I've been taking dramamine when the n* gets really bad. I have probably taken about 3 a day every day for the past week. Last night I was going to the store to buy more and my sister said, "Damn, you are really taking those regularly. Are you sure you should? Maybe you are getting addicted.". Is that possible? Is it really bad to take them as often as I have been?Edited by: marieb73

Any substance can be physically addictive- if your system is used to getting a certain chemical everyday, when you stop taking it you may not feel all that great because your body is expecting it. More than that, it can also become psychologically addictive- you believe that if you DON'T take it, you will be sick, which only makes you rely on it more.

You probably aren't feeling that great because of recently breaking up with your boyfriend, and the drama that happened with that weird online guy who was leading you on (what a jerk!). Why not look into some homeopathic remedies for nausea and digestive upset? Ginger capsules are currently being used in clinical trials to treat nausea due to chemotherapy with positive results. I also use them myself, and find that they really do help.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.