Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: I fell!

Hybrid View

OUCH! I slipped on some snow and took a faceplant yesturday afternoon. I didn't feel anything at first, and luckilyI had a massage appointment last night so she worked on the spots I'd fallen on.

I fell right over onto my stomach/arms/face. I didn't hit my face, but my neck jerked up I guess because today I'm absolutely aching!

Both my arms are completely sore, my neck is killing me and my legs even hurt a bit! Is there anything I can do here? I had a hot bath yesturday and a massage and just took an extra strength advil.

I have to go out today, and tommorow (I hope I'll be better!) I have to work.

I'm such a klutz!
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Quote Originally Posted by crazybeautiful

Is there anything I can do here?
    invest in some golf shoes for next time?[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] hehe, sorry

I don't think there is much you can do, If you think you're just sore and bruised, then you might just have to wait it out - good old ibuprofin is good for swelling and aching.

maybe you should take a trip to the ER to make sure you haven't pulled any muscles? feel better!!

Edited by: Babydoll
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I remember once when I was in 8th grade I was walking out of the house down the front pathway and I slipped and fell on my back, HARD. (It was on the ice in winter) OMG That hurt! All I can suggest is a hot bath or heating pads. I've fallen down so many times and I've hit my head so many times it's not even funny!

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Oh damn...I am sorry and I hope you are feeling ok...You sound just like me...A week ago I fell down my stairs.

Massage always makes things better

WOW! I hope you're feeling better hun!

We all have our klutz days lol - just yesterday I jammed my foot in the car door - I mean, who the hell gets their foot caught in the door? Fingers or jacket maybe! But foot? Seriously? lol!

feel better and keep well rested!

Jen xx
    All your winter sorrows, hang em out to dry, throw em away gotta throw em away my friend...cos the good times..they\'re comin around again!!!

Oh my--so sorry!! I don't like to see people fall, it always makes me sad.

I am a world-class clutz, who comes from a family of clutzes, so my best advice is massages and hot baths. I couldn't even make pasta sauce last night without getting red dots all over my WHITE shirt! Hubby just looked at me and rolled his eyes.[img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

Hope you're "all better" soon!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I know how you feel!! I fell last week at Kroger (grocery store) I was walking in, I was all by myself, and I fell flat on my face. Everyone rushed over to me, I was so embarassed!!

I'm glad to hear that you didn't break anything, well at least it sounds like that. I hope you feel better soon!
    ***Elvia***

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ouch indeed! I have my real clutzy moments too, I fell over the other month late one night and twisted my ankle - nextmorning it had ballooned to twice the size and I couldn't walk on it! Only me to blame though - too many glasses of wine! [img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

Only thing I can recommend is warm relaxing baths with a bit of radox added and ibuprofen for the pain.

The thing I hate most about falling is the embarassment of it! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

I hope you're feeling better soon! Oh and just one more thing, what is a faceplant?
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb