Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just found out a couple of years ago that i am hypoglaucemic and on the brink of diabetes.Is anyone on here hypoglaucemic because i think it triggers alot of unwanted n*.

For example, i havent ate anything like i am supposed to this morning and im feeling weak and shaky and quite n*. Do you cool hypoglaucemics out there have any remedies?

I would think you'd be hyperglycemic if you were on the diabetic side, but eh. :B

Food is the only remedy. Preferably fast-acting carbohydrates (glucose tablets, candies, even Cornflakes).

I'm border line hypoglycemic. I've never been tested but my sister has & we're very similar. I know if I go too long without eating or if I eat too many carbs and not enough protein, I get very n*, headache, dizzy etc . . .

There's just a lot of times I don't want to eat the traditional proteins like meat & cheese (I can't stand eggs) so I'll eat a protein bar like Payday Pro. Or, Special K just came out with a protein water. It's really not too bad. The lemon flavor taste like Crystal Light lemonade. The other flavors are a little weak, but okay. That might help.

- Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

I am hypoglycemic. I was diagnosed with it when I was 13. I am 28 now. And yes I get extremely nausous from it. I remember when I first started showing symptoms of it, I would get really weak, shaking, sick to my stomach, and one time I passed out in school. I went to the docotrs, had several tests, and had to drink that nasty sugar stuff. Well what I do is make sure you eat something with a lot of protein/carbs. When I start feeling sick, I eat a piece of bread or crackers, but I have some orange juice or pop, so it brings my blood sugar back up. THen main thing for me is to keep a constant amount of food in my system, otherwise I get really shakey.

Quote Originally Posted by one who squeaks
    I would think you'd be hyperglycemic if you were on the diabetic side, but eh. :B

Food is the only remedy. Preferably fast-acting carbohydrates (glucose tablets, candies, even Cornflakes).

HyPO is low blood sugar.

HyPER is high blood sugar.

You are correct. And yes, carb it up baby

thanks! and now you now why i need the diet! haha

I'm right there with you all. I was diagnosed hypoglycemic when I was 9 and I am now 34. I try to have high protein foods accessible (peanuts, almonds, cheese, and ham slices). I also have to make sure that I eat every 3-4 hours. If I don't (like right now), I feel n*, headachy, shakey and teary. It is sooooo similar to a panic attack for me. Interestingly enough, I was diagnosed right about the same time that my emet. started. I often wonder if my blood sugar was low during a trigger moment of emet. and the hypoglycemia symptoms piggy backed onto the emet. and therefore, my problems started. Just thoughts that randomly enter my head.

I hope that you feel better. Just keep your body with food and you should be ok.

Julie

I know babe and I am sorry that carbs are the way to go during an episode...

You look great though and don't let your mind go to those places, you know what I mean.