Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

How bout lysol spray? Anyone know?

From what I know, Bleach is the only killer of sv*.

Not 100% sure though...

I use it all the time to kill germs.
    Girlie Girl

Your as happy as you make up your mind to be...Mark Twain

Counters, doorknobs, light switches ect....
    Girlie Girl

Your as happy as you make up your mind to be...Mark Twain

i only trust bleach....at least until i see a product that is proven to kill norovirus.
    ~Sheri~

i have a question...let's just say that bleach is the only way to kill norovirus or sv"s, then wouldn't that mean that hand sanitizers don't work on sv's because the active ingredient is alcohol...otherwise we could just use alcohol to clean up after someone is sick, right?
    ~Sheri~

Yep, unfortunately hand sanitizers don't kill sv. They kill a lot of stuff, just not the stuff that matters most to us.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

I might start carrying around some bleach in my car and slap it on after I've been out. Sound like a good idea? I don't care how crazy it sounds, I'd do it. I wouldn't put on massive amounts. Just enough that my hands were wet.
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.- Colossians 3:17

Yea, I did the same thing. Unfortunately, Bleach is not so good for your skin...

I am now seeing a dermatologist

I just stick with soap and water...And when I am out, I NEVER touch my face.

For cleaning there is a product called Virkon. Alvin has a thread some where saying that it will kill the norovirus. The only problem is that it is difficult to get. It's made some where in Europe & has been sold out over there because it will also kill the bird flu, and some other big time viruses, bacteria & fungi.

I found some on Ebay from Hamby Dairy Supply. Virkon is used for all kinds of cleaning in hatcheries, dairies, vet clinics. It's also what they've used on cruise ships & nursing homes when there has been an outbreak.

It's rather expensive, but I think you get about a life time supply. It cost around $70. It comes in about a gallon sized container, powder form. For household cleaning, you mix about a tablespoon of powder with 32 oz. of water. Spray it on, let it set for a little bit & wipe it off. Or, with a weaker solution, you can just spray it on. I finally found a sheet on how to use it in household cleaning. It can be used in toilets, diaper changing areas, sinks, counters . . . I believe it might even be safer than bleach as I know you're not supposed to use bleach around pets & this is definitely okay around pets.

The topper for me is that you can sprinkle it right on any "bodily fluids", including d* & v* & it will kill any viruses. So, in that case I guess it's good that it comes in a big container. To me, if I can avoid one sv* I'd pay a LOT more than $70. Maybe for those who live closer together, you could split some.

The guy I talked to at Hamby Dairy Supply has NO idea on the household cleaning info, nor on sv*. His specialty obviously is dairy stuff. But, there is quite a bit of info on the web. Dupont is also starting to market this, so maybe we'll see it more in the US in the future.

If you can't find it, I'll be glad to look up the phone number.

Susan
    When you come to the edge of all the light you have known & are about to step out into the darkness, FAITH is knowing there will be something for you to stand on or you will be taught to fly. -Unknown

i'm totally obsessed with purell and clorox wipes and things like that... i use purell literally every 15 minutes and my hands are raw, and now i find this stuff doesn't even work???? ahhhh... i should really do more research[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]

and i always use lysol spray on the phone at work after someone else picks it up, thats not doing anything either??? grrrrr

Doesn't Lysol/Clorox products kill germs that cause food poisoning? I hope so. I wipe all my kitchen counters with them, particularly after cooking meat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^^I think most do. It should say on the label exactly what it kills.