Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Crap.....

Well- a couple local schools in my area have been closed due to gastrointestinal illness. And if that isn't enough before I learned this I truly felt like I was coming down with something funky. Now I am scared to death. I feel sick and queesy and I am having diarrhea I didn't start having the poops until I learned about the school closings,(so that could be anxiety related)but I have felt really yuk today. And I have been in doctor's offices galore over the past week so now I feel like I am doomed.(because i've talked myself into the idea of definite exposure to the crap) Crap... I have to go poo... again... help. Oh... and I will be alone tonight I am so sick of being scared. f***ing emet!!!!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Aww--SHIVA! How are you doing now? It sounds like nerves and a little anxiety just for it being this time of year. does your daughter attend any of those schools?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Charlene! Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

My daughter does not attend the schools. She's been home all week because of her asthma anyway She and Victor both have bronchial stuff going on right now. I am trying to convince myself that the queesy is because of mucus (since everyone around me is sick with mucus stuff) and the other stuff is from stress or anxiety. I wish I could just go to bed, but I have my last final to study for. How are things with you and your family?
    \"This too shall pass\"

I get the poops too when I'm anxious...Hugs to you!

todzwife, thank you. i think i am just experiencing a tremendous amount of stress with the holidays, work, school and now this sickness thing floating about my area. i wish i could just lock myself in my house for a few weeks. right now i feel so much like i would benefit from just going to bed early- but i have to study. although, since none of this is soaking in since i am a nervous wreck- the sleep might do me better than anything else at this point.

'calgon, take me away'
    \"This too shall pass\"

aww...i hope you feel better....sounds like some rest will do you good....this s**t with all the scholl closures is unreal!...it's happening everywhere!!...so i know how you feel...my daughter is 9 and she hasn't been sick in 3 years...i'm sure her time is up!...so scared every day....i would like to lock my family away too, but you know what this is ridiculous we have got to shoot this fear down and start enjoying life....my goodness, this is corny but we only have this one life to live and were definetly not enjoying it....get some rest and take care.
    ~Sheri~

Sheri,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes, you are right. It's sad that we let ourselves live this way. Wouldn't it be great if we could take control and just live without fear? I so look forward to that day. I feel so bad for my family. I mean, when you think about it, the truth is- if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen! My daughter is 10 and has been pretty consistantly been getting sick once a year for the past 3 years. Her year was up two months ago, so I am just waiting now. I know this isn't logical, but it's just an example of the crap our minds do to us. It stinks. Thanks again. I think I will go get some rest. I am feeling so sleepy and run down. Take care of yourself as well.
    \"This too shall pass\"

That is horrible! I know you are worried...but I am sure everything will be fine.

I hope it will all clear out during the Christmas break, and then we can start the new year out fresh.

(((hugs)))
    Be Here Now

Quote Originally Posted by shiva

Charlene! Thank you so much for responding so quickly.

My daughter does not attend the schools. She's been home all week because of her asthma anyway She and Victor both have bronchial stuff going on right now. I am trying to convince myself that the queesy is because of mucus (since everyone around me is sick with mucus stuff) and the other stuff is from stress or anxiety. I wish I could just go to bed, but I have my last final to study for. How are things with you and your family?

Whew--glad your daughter doesn't attend one of them. Oh, I am sorry about her asthma--it's really hard to watch your child have asthma problems, and I hope she feels bettr soon and has a great Christmas!

My family---well, we're ok for now. Hubby is no fun as always, and my stepson should be leaving soon!! Stepdaughter is out of the picture, forever forbidden from my home, and my daughter is doing good--trying to adjust to her new braces. thanks for asking [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Shiva...hope you're feeling better, it does sound like anxiety is causing you your poo probs! Christmas is stressful enough without having to worry about illness, exams etc. At least your daughter is well protected from anything nasty whilst she is home. Hope she's better soon, my son is having a bad year with his asthma so I can empathise.

It's kind of weird though isn't it, being relieved that their off school, ill with asthma 'cos that means they won't catch a sv!! S**t, we're an odd bunch!

Awww, I am sorry you are feeling all of this...I get the same way, as soon as I hear about a sv* outbreak, I immediately start manifesting symptoms.

I can't wait for this to all pass.

Try to relax and I hope you and yours are able to have a good and sound weekend

I am so happy it's friday. I even had dreams about it last night, where I was saying to everyone 'oh, thank god it's friday!' I have to work, study for my exam, go take my exam and then I can relax a little for a couple of days. No more school for 3 weeks and work should be slowing down a little after Christmas. I am really looking forward to Saturday because I am going to some 'my time ritual' at the place where I take yoga. We are doing an hour of vinyasa flow and then we get a massage I need this more than anything. A little worried though because I still feel awful. My body aches, I have a headache, I had chills all night along with my poops and I feel really weak and still queesy. I do get this way with sinus infections, though. Maybe I have one of those a brewin.

Thanks again everyone for being there for me last night. Everyone here is so awesome at offering support! Love you guys!!!
    \"This too shall pass\"

You guys are wonderful! I used to think I was the only one who started feeling symptoms whenever a bug was going around!

We can succeed!

Just think about how strong we are. I mean, people who can go without v* for eight, ten, thirty years are pretty strong, right? Let's put that energy into fighting this thing.