Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: No reflex

Last edited by mac41090; 08-23-2018 at 11:28 PM.

She's a keeper, Bro![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

I have heard of people who have never in their lives V*![img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]

Oh wow...Hang on to her...A girl like that is hard to find.

By the way, Hmmm I wonder if their is a surgery so I can have no gag reflex?

hmmmmm!!! If there is I want that surgery! LMAO! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    I CAN get through this! ♥Melanie♥

Quote Originally Posted by 1scareddj
    hmmmmm!!! If there is I want that surgery! LMAO! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

I am going to research it because I will TOTALLY go through with it...

Come on, If they can do a freaking face transplant, they can do this.

Ya - well, ... you wouldn't ever vomit again, but you'd still have an anxiety disorder and you'd be just as bad off. Either you wouldn't believe you can't vomit anymore, and would still be terrified, or you'd be terrified of something else. That's cuz no surgery on your stomach/throat would fix the problem in your brain with anxiety.

Sorry to be a party-pooper. I know it's nice to dream. But I submit this so that folks will keep as a priority the idea that their problem is not vomiting - it's anxiety.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i havent yet.

id like to keep it that way.

but i have a massive gag reflux

I know someone like that! I heard that she could stick a whole messa
    things in her mouth and be ok. Shiva has a point but i must say i
    honestly would love not to have a gag reflex!
    ~viva~

so you wouldn't vomit anymore, but what about the nausea?..that's the worst to me..if i had a choic i would take no nausea ever again over vomiting...although i haven't vomited in many many years..so maybe i forgot how bad is is, but when i'm nauseaus, i just wanna die!!!
    ~Sheri~

I have a question.......I thought v*ing is controlled by your brain, so wouldn't someone without a gag reflex still in fact v*? Maybe I'm having a blonde moment here (I am a blonde, so it's ok!) but I would think if it is coordinated by brain function it wouldn't matter if you had a gag reflex or not. Sorry in advance if I sound like a total idiot!!

im pretty sure they still can , they just maybe cant as easily as someone with a easy gag reflex. like they could for sure still throw up after a big meal, that has nothing to do with a gag reflex, but they may not throw up or feel like gagging if say gauze was in thier mouth from a dentist office. make sense? im just guessing though.. i could def be wrong. im blonde too.

well i'm a brunette and you two blondes make sense to me...lol
    ~Sheri~

Well my hubby has bad heartburn and diagnosed with GERD, and his doctor said that there is a surgery where they tie off something or another in your esophogas so that acid won't climb up it, but the drawback was that you could never v* again. Yep, you heard right, he said it was the only DRAWBACK! So get this, my hubby didn't do it because the thought of that scared him. Am I living in an alternate universe or something??? I have to remember that he does not have emet, and to him, v* is like relieving himself. But what I did wonder is if it would stop the heaving that comes with n* sometimes, because that is the worst for me, the uncontrollable stomach heaving and not catching your breath. Like maybe you'd have the contractions but not the paydirt? I don't know. But the thought occured to me to pretend to have heartburn really bad, even after medications so I could have the surgery. You wouldn't have to worry about v* after surgery! Crazy, crazy thoughts.....[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img] Janna

That surgery was offered to me for my GERD and it's NOT true that you can't vomit again, well I mean in SOME people they can never vomit again but I knew someone who had the surgery who could still vomit. It's not a sure thing, if I could afford the surgery then I would get it cause of my GERD, but I know that it's not a full proof thing to stop you from vomiting.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

yeah, i've heard it's possible to have this. the problem is, you'd still have the anxiety and the upset stomach and all that, you'd probably just wind up with a fear of d* instead.

And bear in mind, we'd still have the fear of other people v*ing.....

A side effect of that surgery can be severe v*.

This surgery, i talked to my doctor about it months ago. The thing is is alot of people then ( logic ) can;t have food going in the stomach, so they bring it back up again. He said fi you were to v then you most probably wouldn't, BUT when you swallow food and it can't get in as easily it is likely to come back up. And he said you would have ahrd time finding a doc who would perform that surgery on someone who doesn't need it. There is a surgery I heard of along time ago where they basically take out the v center or turn it offor whatever. Sage however is right. I would then worry about it not working. Always question what if it didn't work? So my anxiety would go to that. I believe I have a severe phobia of ving, I believe if I didn't v ever again and know that I wouldn't v again I would be alot happier in my life BUT I think I would still be an anxious person and have a OCD disorder, and be neurotic and whatnot. So therefor I think that the answer is in fixing the anxiety. I wouldn't however pass up a chance ever to never v again, because I believe I have aphobia of ving, and an anxiety disorder that chose my phobia as its vehicle to control my life. All i know is I need help

Also, I heard of a girl who had that surgery and got severe, severe nausea and pain when she had an sv* because she couldn't v*.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Well, I've heard of the surgery it's called Fundoplication I've read up on it, and I don't think I would do that because there are to many things that could go wrong. Like you wouldn't v* but there are stories of people that get dry heaves but nothing actually comes up, you also don't burp, which causes the stomach to build up with gas, and make you look pregnant. I don't know because there are no guarantee's.

However if there were a surgery to remove that part of my brain I would do it in a HEARTBEAT, think I wouldn't when I would. Hell yeah.BRING THAT ON!! At least I wouldn't have to worry about me doing it or feeling it again. Only other people, and I can get around that. But only IF. I wish I could have that taken away. That would be a HUGE burden lifted off of me.

Hey there is! You can have your amygdala (fear centre) removed. They studied a woman who had that done once due to a tumor growing there. She feared absoultely nothing. The PROBLEM is, that she couldn't function, work,or remember anything either. Interesting that the amygdala is used for short-term memory functions as well. Darn it, eh?
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Think of how dangerous life would be if we couldn't be afraid of anything!

Yeah, not being afraid of things could be very dangerous. PLUS if we weren't afraid of anything, life would be boring!! Although, I could live with not being afraid of v*ing!!!